News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

As of now, picking 5th

Started by DaveBrown74, November 19, 2023, 07:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

We were second last week, but this big win, which gets us to 3-8 on the season, now puts us at 5th overall if we were drafting today.

At 5th overall you can't even get Harrison Jr.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Pats fans are rejoicing tonight.

Stringer Bell

How fitting for this team, who was sleep walking the entire first half of the season, to win a few worthless games to blow up their chance of drafting a QB or generational WR.

All for what, to make Daboll look better? To give a handful of fans false hope that Devito is anything more than a backup QB?

Should be no surprise, I guess, as the Giants long have been great at blowing opportunities.

So now we go from drafting Maye to drafting an edge (figure 2 QBs, Harrison, Fashanu go 1-4). Don't get me wrong, I like Latu and feel we need to replace Ojulari, but our D is already solid and the drop off from taking a franchise QB to taking an edge is astronomical.

Doc16LT56

This is now life as a Giants fan. The Parcells and Coughlin eras are distant memories. Since Coughlin was so unceremoniously pushed out we are stuck in a loop of debating whether winning a meaningless game against a bad team is worth it. We debate whether we've seen enough of a mediocre (on a good day) QB going into his 6th season to determine whether he is actually mediocre or not.

Thank you, Mr. Mara for your steadfast leadership. If there was a Dave Gettleman lifetime achievement award for excellence in incompetence, John Mara would be a finalist every year.

Dgoodmantrublu

Lots of games left to lose. I think the Bears and Cardinals definitely win a game or two. Packers and Rams wins help. Need to lose next week. Can't imagine getting 6 turnovers again.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 19, 2023, 07:43:20 PMLots of games left to lose. I think the Bears and Cardinals definitely win a game or two. Packers and Rams wins help. Need to lose next week. Can't imagine getting 6 turnovers again.

Pats are a team to worry about. They may not win again. We play them.

Dgoodmantrublu

The game against the Pats is must lose. I think we can do it. Today was an aberration. We never lose to Washington and they turned the ball over 6 times. That is tough to repeat.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 19, 2023, 08:21:02 PMThe game against the Pats is must lose. I think we can do it. Today was an aberration. We never lose to Washington and they turned the ball over 6 times. That is tough to repeat.

If Belichick is leaving and going to the Chargers, he'll play that game to win.

We need the Eagles to lose a couple of games. We can't have that week 18 game against us be 100% meaningless to them. We'll win that for sure if that's the case.

Philosophers

I did not think we'd win another game.

Dumpster Dan

OK  I am a sucker for punishment  so I am going to stick my neck out  but I apologize if I offend anyone

HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO LOSE???

Do you honestly want a team you root for but more importantly the PLAYERS you root for to not try?

Do you really want them to lose to a Bellicheat coached team???

I remember like it was yesterday and I was 10 years old going out to sit in a cold car because the radio reception was better than in the house  and I cant ever remember my Dad saying  come on we have to root for the Giants to lose

It shouldnt concern me that a few posters on a Giants talk site are already thinking six games from now and hoping for the worst  because I believe that there are thousands of 10, 11 and 12 year old kids becoming Giants fans for the first time  who arent thinking of next years draft and "maybe" getting a "franchise" QB or a Marvin Harrison.  I venture to say that those kids are rooting their little backsides of for Tommy Devito, the 3d QB on the team they are starting to love because the kid who still lives at home and his mother makes his bed is to them out there playing his ass off

Dumpster Dan

TDToomer

Well said Dan

I hate to break it to the tankathoners but we are going to beat the Patriots. In fact it could be big. You cannot expect the players to throw these games. Whatever happens happens.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

katkavage

Quote from: TDToomer on November 19, 2023, 09:12:17 PMWell said Dan

I hate to break it to the tankathoners but we are going to beat the Patriots. In fact it could be big. You cannot expect the players to throw these games. Whatever happens happens.
The players don't tank. They care about their own careers and pride. I expect the Giants to win at least one more game. Packers is also winnable. Either way, they need to find a QB next year.

goNets

My best case scenario is this. We have a very young team.  I'd love to see them go on a run and end the season on a high note with growing confidence in emerging talent. And that sort of thing happens all the time in this league. Then we go into the draft looking to fill some spots and add some solid citizen free agents to lead and mentor the younger guys.

uconnjack8

All this hand wringing over a victory against Washington makes it feel like its 2019 again.

Its great to have pick of the litter, but you just never know who falls and who is fools gold. 

Giant Obsession

Geez, I expect us to win out.

But then, silly me, I am a New York Giants fan.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

PSUBeirut

I'd much rather have the conversation at the end of the year about how the players didn't quit on each other and the head coach than what we're going to do with the #1 or #2 pick if it comes at the expense of the team quitting on the coach.  If that results in a nominally worse draft position, so be it.