News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Eagles coach

Started by MightyGiants, January 01, 2024, 04:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

goNets

If you want to get some enjoyment out of this season, head over to Igglephans.com to see the growing dissatisfaction with Siriani. Hope he sticks around for another year and the team implodes. Really don't like the guy after his buffoonery during the playoff game last year.

DaveBrown74

Posted this quote in another thread and made the same point as Spider.

The Eagles have had a shockingly bad run. They barely beat us in week 16. I suspect they'll put in a legit effort, although I agree with Spider that hurting the Giants' chances of getting a top QB is something that I am sure has crossed ownership and the front office's minds. We know this is not a scrupulous organization when it comes to this stuff.

Rosehill Jimmy

As mentioned in another thread, Beagles won't be feeling good if they limp into playoffs 1-5 in last six games.  IMO they desperately need a win and I don't believe Siriani will rest a significant number of guys ( injuries not included). Not unless they steamroll and the game gets out of hand, do I see him sitting starters
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

katkavage

Idiotic. They aren't locked into anything. They play at the same time the Giants play. Sure it's a long shot, but it was a long shot for the Cardinals to beat the Eagles also. I think he's trying to play mind games with the Giants.

katkavage

Quote from: katkavage on January 01, 2024, 04:19:51 PMIdiotic. They aren't locked into anything. They play at the same time the Giants play. Sure it's a long shot, but it was a long shot for the Cardinals to beat the Eagles also. I think he's trying to play mind games with the Giants.
I meant to say the Cowboys play at the same time as the Eagles play. Nothing is determined yet.

uconnjack8

I doubt the Eagles have thought at all about losing to the Giants to potentially make them miss a target in the draft.

I find the notion asinine.  They have a chance to host a playoff game if Dallas loses (they are 3-5 on the road). They have not looked good in 3 of their last 4 games and want to go into the playoffs playing the best football they can.  They are not plotting to let the Giants win so that in 3 years maybe the Giants will not have improved.

They are worried about winning games and staying healthy.  That's it.   

Are we really that delusional?

uconnjack8

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 07:39:18 PMAnyone remember Nate Sudbury. who needed reps before against Washington? Asinine? They've done it before. Got McPherson trashed.  But they improved 3 draft selections.

I have not said they would do it  If you checked the Philly pulse today ..they are not sure of anything and neither am I

They've got a why bother feeling. season over vibe there. Their coach was squirrely at the podium today. Hes the one creating uncertainty-look no further

Its asinine for a number of reasons.   The year you are referring to, they did what they did to improve their draft place, not potentially move the Giants out of potentially getting a QB.

They have a possibility of being the 2 seed or the 5 seed, but I am supposed to think instead of playing to win and potentially get the 2 seed, they will sit people to screw the Giants?  Am I correct on that?

uconnjack8

I think losing assistants (and a few players) has taken a toll that we thought we saw earlier in the year, but has been glaring over the last 5 games.

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 01, 2024, 08:00:07 PMIts asinine for a number of reasons.   The year you are referring to, they did what they did to improve their draft place, not potentially move the Giants out of potentially getting a QB.

They have a possibility of being the 2 seed or the 5 seed, but I am supposed to think instead of playing to win and potentially get the 2 seed, they will sit people to screw the Giants?  Am I correct on that?

You are spot on. It's Apples and Oranges to compare the current Eagles to the one that started Nate Sudfield to purposely lose. I think what Siriani is trying to say is that if the are notified that the Cowboys are winning big they may shuffle in some reserves or sit Hurts the rest of the game. It wouldn't be until the 4th quarter.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2024, 08:44:04 PMYou are spot on. It's Apples and Oranges to compare the current Eagles to the one that started Nate Sudfield to purposely lose. I think what Siriani is trying to say is that if the are notified that the Cowboys are winning big they may shuffle in some reserves or sit Hurts the rest of the game. It wouldn't be until the 4th quarter.

But will they go all out to win knowing their locked in all likelihood in the 2nd half? Of course not. And the Giants will. Siriani didn't say much of anything.. That's your take. If the Giants rally in the second half..win a .eaningless game and lose at a top pick..how grand. We will have beaten an Eagle team without their stars that could care less.. wahoo!

BluesCruz

I just want to beat them.  Situations aside

It would be nice to see Washington beat the Boys and we then finish with a win

lovely
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MightyGiants

I can't help but feel like the Eagles will screw over the Giants, yet again, by tanking their last game.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

The Eagles backups are better than most of our starters.
It's still not comparable to a what they did in Peterson's last game. Tanking means trying not to win. They will still try to win with their 2nd stringers. Big difference.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 01, 2024, 08:54:48 PMBut will they go all out to win knowing their locked in all likelihood in the 2nd half? Of course not. And the Giants will. Siriani didn't say much of anything.. That's your take. If the Giants rally in the second half..win a .eaningless game and lose at a top pick..how grand. We will have beaten an Eagle team without their stars that could care less.. wahoo!

Let's all get real for a second, now. Have we all forgotten, already, that the Rams all but gift-wrapped the game for the Giants on Sunday and yet, in spite of that, they pulled off a stunt not even Charlie Brown, with the football, could possibly have conceived against Lucy?

Yet, we have a cast of "Who dunnit" mystery authors here which would even make the late Pat Summerall =)) back in the 1980s when, at the end of Giant games, he'd rattle the CBS Sunday Night TV line-up with "Murder .................. She Wrote."

I say this mostly tongue in cheek, playfully, but these conspiracy theories are just that. The Iggles will more than likely take out their frustrations on Sunday in preparation for the playoffs and then rest their players. If the Giants go toe to toe with them, their ability to close games down-right scares me. That's about as real a scenario there is for Sunday afternoon.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)