News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants 3 pre season games

Started by LennG, May 18, 2024, 08:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

There was some talk of another joint practice session with the Lions. If so that would be here.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 18, 2024, 08:09:13 PMThere was some talk of another joint practice session with the Lions. If so that would be here.
I just spoke about this in another thread. I hope we practice with all 3 teams. Those practices will be the biggest tell as to were this team is currently. Not any of the otas, training camp, or preseason games.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 18, 2024, 09:09:33 PMI just spoke about this in another thread. I hope we practice with all 3 teams. Those practices will be the biggest tell as to were this team is currently. Not any of the otas, training camp, or preseason games.
Have they ever done that?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 18, 2024, 09:26:37 PMHave they ever done that?
I think they've practiced with 2 of 4 previously but never 3.

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

I had fools gold after listening to all the experts after our camp and preseason games last year.

Boy was I wrong!...I will never ever look at preseason the same ever again. It's a waste

Jclayton92

Quote from: Trench on Today at 01:10:41 PMI had fools gold after listening to all the experts after our camp and preseason games last year.

Boy was I wrong!...I will never ever look at preseason the same ever again. It's a waste
That's were the joint practices and preseason differ. All the notes coming out of the practices with the lions say they dominated us in every aspect. Beat writers chose to focus on a preseason game  because positive enthusiasm early gets more clicks than the alternative.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on Today at 01:32:16 PMThat's were the joint practices and preseason differ. All the notes coming out of the practices with the lions say they dominated us in every aspect. Beat writers chose to focus on a preseason game  because positive enthusiasm early gets more clicks than the alternative.

I don't think pre-season is a waste.  But I think Daboll, with a huge assist, wasted last year's pre-season.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll