News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants are expected to receive a 2025 4th round comp pick for McKinney

Started by shadowspinner0, May 03, 2024, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 04, 2024, 05:58:24 PMThe season itself was a total nightmare. And so were all the optics involved, whether Barkley was there or not.

Foregoing opportunities to try to better the team's future for the purposes of clinging to a defunct season and keeping up appearances is a typical move by this franchise and one of the reasons it can't pull itself up off the mat.

This is my issue. You state it as fact that they received trade offers for him and turned them down, when there is zero evidence that it happened.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 04, 2024, 06:20:57 PMThere is more than ZERO evidence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12691269/NFL-Trade-Deadline-Giants-star-Saquon-Barkley-draws-DeAndre-Hopkins-coy-possible-deal-Broncos-good-offer-wide-receiver-Jerry-Jeudy.html

Again, "interest" and "offers" are 2 different things. To Mighty's and others' point earlier, had someone offered a 3rd rounder, you can bet those details would have leaked. But that never happened.

Like Doc said, GM's do their due diligence on a ton of guys all the time. That's their job. That would be construed as "interest".

But that's a far cry from saying unequivocally that the Giants failed in trading Saquon. Maybe someone did try to lowball them and offered a 5th. Would that have been a failure in not accepting that?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Stringer Bell on May 04, 2024, 06:10:20 PMThis is my issue. You state it as fact that they received trade offers for him and turned them down, when there is zero evidence that it happened.

Another poster had made the case that the Giants should not have even tried to trade Saquon, whether the opportunity to existed or not. I was addressing that argument. I did not state anything as unequivocal fact. My post was a conditional statement based on what I maintain is a reasonable (albeit not 100% conclusive) assumption.