News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Can Tommy DeVito be a solid backup QB?

Started by MightyGiants, December 28, 2023, 09:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 30, 2023, 04:19:39 AMExcept when its crunch time.  For a Vet, Tyrod really gets bone headed in the final 2 minutes.  Which is perplexing for such an experienced guy
It was one play that was just as much a coaching error. Yet you continue to harp on it on while ignoring devitos faults.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 30, 2023, 12:13:46 PMIt was one play that was just as much a coaching error. Yet you continue to harp on it on while ignoring devitos faults.

One play???? He blew the Bills game with the most bone headed audible in NFL history.  What was he thinking- he never explained his logic

This past game he throws to Waller in the middle of the field with practically no time left and no timeouts. 

What does this guy not understand about end of game situational football, and clock management

If your life depended upon it who would you choose- Tommy or Tyrod with no timeouts down 7 or 8 with 90 seconds to go?

By contrast when Tommy had to manage the end game against the Packers he put on a fantastic display.

The answer is clear to me...but most people on here likely would go with the veteran believing the two instances I cited were an aberition.  I have no logical response.

You hire these veterans so this kind of stuff does not happen.
Tyrod seems to be the exception
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Painter

Backup? Perhaps, as compared to the dozen others filling the role this season, some quite well, some I guess we could call solid if we know what exactly it means, some rather blah. Needs to be more specific.

Cheers!

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 30, 2023, 12:37:29 PMOne play???? He blew the Bills game with the most bone headed audible in NFL history.  What was he thinking- he never explained his logic

This past game he throws to Waller in the middle of the field with practically no time left and no timeouts. 

What does this guy not understand about end of game situational football, and clock management

If your life depended upon it who would you choose- Tommy or Tyrod with no timeouts down 7 or 8 with 90 seconds to go?

By contrast when Tommy had to manage the end game against the Packers he put on a fantastic display.

The answer is clear to me...but most people on here likely would go with the veteran believing the two instances I cited were an aberition.  I have no logical response.

your saying a lot, as always but it means absolutely nothing. Tyrod didn't lose the bills game, the error you are referring to happened at the end of the 2nd which was a coaching error because tyrod had just entered the game.

How is Waller laying his ass on the ground and wanting to be subbed a tyrod issue? It makes no sense.

The offense moves with tyrod at quarterback and it doesn't with Devito period.

Devito is not good right now and it's not even close. There is a reason all his teammates and coaches want tyrod starting because he's better.

Messiah717

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 30, 2023, 12:37:29 PMOne play???? He blew the Bills game with the most bone headed audible in NFL history.  What was he thinking- he never explained his logic

We've also seen what happens to Devito against better competition.  He added some fun to another bad season but the fifteen minutes are over. 

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 30, 2023, 07:58:42 AMActually Ed, Tommy is the only one of the 3 with the possibility of a long term NFL future
Tyrod's been in the league 13 years already. I'd be very surprised if Tommy lasts 5-7.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

brownelvis54

Deveto is a gimmick....... in my opinion, we could use a late round draft pick on a quarterback, that would be much better than him.
The KING is in the building

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll