News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dexter made an impression on our new OL Coach

Started by MightyGiants, January 13, 2024, 08:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I think when the opposing team's OL coach seeks you out after the game, you've made an impression!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

And if Daboll ever needs a game off, he can certainly be his double.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Let's hope he is as good in assessing OL FA and draft talent.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

I think the guy has real class.    Seeking out Dex like he did and what he said...  Respect
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ozzie on January 13, 2024, 10:50:57 AMI think when the opposing team's OL coach seeks you out after the game, you've made an impression!

Players and coaches whose entire livelihood depends on assessing the minutest detail of every nuance of the game - who eat, drink, and sleep football, don't have the same animosity towards other players that fans do. That's because they know when certain individuals do the kinds of things they know to be the right thing (and most difficult to do), but also appreciate how arduous one must be, to climb that uphill battle to attain such moves, as well as having put themselves through hours of daily study to gain the deeper understanding of the tiniest of details

A virtuoso pianist appreciates other great pianists because they understand how difficult some things are to do and watch it be mastered. Their inclination is to go out and tell the pianist how great they did. It's why you see players hugging other players after the game, even between the most hated rivalries, and why coaches tend to go out of their way to show their appreciation of a player's who has displayed something fascinating to them. It's why Daboll went over to Hurts last hear and hugged him and told him he had a great game...from the hated Eagles who just kicked our asses

The hatred, hostility, and downright rancor comes from fans...not the coaches or players in the battle. And if a player does act like a fan with animosity because of the team name, he's not a pro
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: