News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT I was hit by a car

Started by MightyGiants, May 19, 2024, 04:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadron

BluesCruz

I just recovered from a hip strain.  Scared me as I remembered the Bo Jackson story.

I used some hiking/walking sticks to keep the weight off for a couple of weeks.  It seems to have worked. 

Sounds like it could have been much worse but no picnic for you.  You must be pretty sound to have survived that encounter.....Get better soon.  We are all hoping you have a speedy recovery
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

bighitterdalama

Rich, so sorry to hear this. Here is hoping that all turns out well. I will text/call you today (Monday).

H-Town G-Fan

Awful to hear. Wishing you all the best in recovery.

MightyGiants

Quote from: bighitterdalama on Today at 08:04:10 AMRich, so sorry to hear this. Here is hoping that all turns out well. I will text/call you today (Monday).

Text would be better.   I have a follow up for the broken foot this morning and still working on my appointment with my dentist
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gman329

Damn, Rich, that's terrible! How did she not see you?  More importanly, how are you feeling today and what do the DRs say?

Bob In PA

God bless, my friend, and I'm thankful you weren't more seriously injured. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gman329 on Today at 08:55:02 AMDamn, Rich, that's terrible! How did she not see you?  More importanly, how are you feeling today and what do the DRs say?

My right hip is one big bruise where I landed on it.   Since I am on crutches for the broken right foot it's not too much of an issue.   Other than that just some soreness from the road rash.   As Danny Glover said in Leathal Weapon, I am getting too old for this sh1t.   Still trying to nail down the dentist appointment for my broken off front tooth
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

My fitness watch has a fall feature.   My boss volunteered years ago to be the contact since she is always on call.   My watch alerted her that I had suffered an incident and sent her my location.  She texted me if I was okay, only to get the reply from me that I was hit by a car.   It was so surreal for her she wondered if it was some sort of AI thing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Rich,

I hope you heal fast; more importantly, I hope you're able to return to walking ASAP.  I know how much you value your daily constitutionals/exercise.  Keep us posted. 

uconnjack8

Rich, sorry to hear this.  Hope you make a quick recovery. 

BluesCruz

This is another good argument for automated braking on all new cars

I too was hit by a distracted driver from behind and got horrific whiplash and concussion.  The results were long lasting

these types of accidents can be eliminated but we are not there yet on the majority of cars on the road today

When people ague against automated cars, you know these types of accidents never happened to them or they have not really thought about it
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

spiderblue43

So sorry, Rich. Sounds like a legal matter. Thank goodness it wasn't worse.

Get well Mighty