News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which Giants from last year are winners and losers?

Started by MightyGiants, May 03, 2024, 10:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

Based on free agency and the draft, which Giants still on the roster came out as winners and which ones came out as losers?

I will give two examples, to better illustrate the question

1) Winner-  Daniel Jones, the Giants didn't draft his replacement

2) Loser-  Slayton is likely the odd man out once Nabers is a starter

Who makes each of your lists?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Hmmm...hard question  :-??

Winners: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Slayton (if he returns), Hyatt, Neal (due to better RG beside him as well as Stoll and Manhertz to help block)

Losers: All RBs from last year whose name isn't Singletary or Tracy; maybe Bellinger as there's a new kid in town; Azeez Ojulari will be sucking hind tit behind Burns now; Gunner Olszewski if the stories about Tracy's p/k return prowess are true; Ezeudu; Cager
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Doc16LT56

I agree with both players mentioned. Jones for the obvious reason. Slayton no longer benefits from being the tallest midget in the receivers room (so to speak). Nabers is an elite talent and Hyatt/Robinson have a ton of upside. If Slayton wants the ball he's going to have to step his game up.

Ojulari is a loser based on the trade for Burns.

Neal is probably a winner, though that remains to be seen.

Jclayton92

Winner Pinnock, Bobby Ok, and Flott- Pinnock because he gets to stay at FS and continue to grow with Nubin at Strong. Flott because drafting Phillips gets him another Shot at boundaOK, Bobby Ok will thrive with all the talent around him on the front 7, and only get better.

Losers- Belton, Bellinger, and Gray- Drafting a safety let's Belton know that he will only get snaps if he beats Pinnock. Since Bellinger has been drafted we traded for a TE, and drafted another. I think he's the first person at risk of losing his job because Theo is a better talent now than Bellinger is now. Gray got stuck in the doghouse and never got out, maybe taking KR duties away finally will let him focus.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 03, 2024, 06:37:46 PMWinner Pinnock, Bobby Ok, and Flott- Pinnock because he gets to stay at FS and continue to grow with Nubin at Strong. Flott because drafting Phillips gets him another Shot at boundaOK, Bobby Ok will thrive with all the talent around him on the front 7, and only get better.

Losers- Belton, Bellinger, and Gray- Drafting a safety let's Belton know that he will only get snaps if he beats Pinnock. Since Bellinger has been drafted we traded for a TE, and drafted another. I think he's the first person at risk of losing his job because Theo is a better talent now than Bellinger is now. Gray got stuck in the doghouse and never got out, maybe taking KR duties away finally will let him focus.

I see Nubin as a better free safety.  I think that's what he played in college as well.

gregf

Winner: Kayvon, help on the other side. Jones. JMS,  vets to help with stunts next to him. Bellinger,  chance to be a starter. 
Loser: Ojularri. Drx, nit enough DT quality or depth. Neal, might get pushed out ar RT.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 03, 2024, 06:37:46 PMWinner Pinnock, Bobby Ok, and Flott- Pinnock because he gets to stay at FS and continue to grow with Nubin at Strong. Flott because drafting Phillips gets him another Shot at boundaOK, Bobby Ok will thrive with all the talent around him on the front 7, and only get better.

Jess,

Those are some interesting observations.  I never considered Bellinger at risk of losing his job (I still think of pre-injury rookie Bellinger), but you very well may be right

As for Flott, I thought Phillips is very similar to Flott, so I wonder if perhaps Flott may be in jeopardy of making the roster, especially if they signed a veteran with similar inside/outside flexibility
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: gregf on May 03, 2024, 09:37:34 PMWinner: Kayvon, help on the other side. Jones. JMS,  vets to help with stunts next to him. Bellinger,  chance to be a starter. 
Loser: Ojularri. Drx, nit enough DT quality or depth. Neal, might get pushed out ar RT.

It's funny; I have seen many list Ojulari as a loser.  I wonder if perhaps being a backup, Ojulari will finally stay healthy and perhaps find a niche (or at least that's what I hope)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

How Daniel Jones Won The NFL Draft
NFL DRAFT VIDEOS 4/30/24

Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo discuss the New York Giants' 2024 NFL Draft class and explain why QB Daniel Jones is the player who 'won' the weekend.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/how-daniel-jones-won-the-nfl-draft/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE