News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants add another DT

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 09:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinddelfosse and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Elijah Chatman, DT
Strengths: Powerful interior defensive lineman who flashes next-level ability. Fires off the snap, plays with terrific pad level, and displays good movement skills. Easily changes direction, moves well in lateral pursuit, and is fluid if asked to twist or stunt. Intense and plays through the whistle. Consistently focused on by opponents in the middle of the field.

Weaknesses: Lacks height and growth potential. More of a gap occupier than a playmaker. Poor pass rusher.

Overall: Chatman is an athletic freak who has shown improvement in his game the past three seasons, yet he's a 3-technique prospect with minimal versatility.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/smu-2023-nfl-draft-scouting-reports/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Seems like a poor man's version of Mekhi Wingo, drafted this year by the Detroit Lions. If he's as "freak" of an athlete as the article says, I wonder if he could be used in "third and one" situations as a FB  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

"Poor pass rusher"
"Had a career high 13.5 sacks.."

CVA14

Mighty your first para  suggests that except for his height he has the raw material to become a pass rusher, doesn't it

MightyGiants

Quote from: CVA14 on Today at 01:15:03 PMMighty your first para  suggests that except for his height he has the raw material to become a pass rusher, doesn't it

He's a bit of a longshot, but he might eventually prove to be a rotational pass rusher
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm no football savant by any means, but I think big players hate facing short guys as they don't line up well. Probably the best DT in the last decade was said to be "too short" to succeed at the next level...his name? Aaron Donald (6'05", 280 lbs)

Not that this guy is another Aaron Donald, but one should concentrate more on the size of the heart, than the size of the body. Last year, analysts said that LB Ivan Pace Jr. was the "best linebacker" in the draft, but he was "too short" and didn't fit the ideal NFL size. Pace didn't even get drafted. The Vikings picked him up as an UDFA, and he went on to win 1st Team NFL Rookie and other awards throughout and after the season https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ivan-pace-jr-an-emerging-superstar/ar-AA1kUCcp

History is littered with examples, and there is an enormous amount of NFL duds and washouts who possessed the "ideal NFL body for a position"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

kartanoman

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 02:01:22 PMNot that this guy is another Aaron Donald, but one should concentrate more on the size of the heart, than the size of the body.

You read my mind with this thought right above.

I would love nothing more than for the Giants to find a player with the heart and fire-brimming intensity of another undersized defensive player they drafted 30 years ago, Jessie Armstead.

I wish Chatman all the best and hope he can find his way onto the Giants in some capacity.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)