News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Remember Giants QB Kyle Lauletta?

Started by MightyGiants, May 17, 2024, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut, miss86 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 17, 2024, 11:45:32 AMhttps://x.com/kylelauletta/status/1791456383965032470

And, like the cop knows exactly who is in the car and what weapons they MIGHT have. It may seem like an ordinary traffic stop to some, but maybe the officer cares to come home to his wife and kids and wants to be extra careful.

I think any cop's job is difficult enough then to have people, whomever, not obey their orders.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Philosophers

100% misinterpreted by cop.  Scheffler has zero bad bones

Doc16LT56

Has Lauletta ever acknowledged that as a 4th round rookie QB, you should probably arrive to work EARLY??... which means leaving for work with plenty of time to spare. The reporting at the time said this kid had an issue arriving late to practice. He knew he was on thin ice, which is why he probably panicked when he was once again running late.

DaveBrown74

I like Scottie Scheffler and think he's a genuinely good guy, but this could have been avoided by simply complying with the initial instructions.

Painter

There were better ways for both sides to have handled it. In any case, no biggie! Except, apparently, for insurance salesman Kyle Lauletta, who 5 years ago, Gettleman wrongly guessed might be worth more than 5 pass attempts for 0 yards and a pick, and I don't just mean The Pick he wasted in the 4th Round. 

Cheers!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 11:35:44 AMI like Scottie Scheffler and think he's a genuinely good guy, but this could have been avoided by simply complying with the initial instructions.

He didn't know there had been a fatal accident and it is routine for players to bypass cars lined up to get in.  I'm sympathetic to his situation because years ago I come up on a scene where there were lanes closed, detours, and contradictory 'Keep Left' and 'Keep Right' signs and  I was confused and found myself in the wrong place.  I got screamed at by one of the construction guys.  But they're the ones that created the confusing situation.

That said, what kind of idiot tries to stop a car by grabbing on to it.  The overcharging was ridiculous.  And it is to Scoottie's credit that he had the mental strength to birdie his first hole and go on to shoot 66 to be t4 after the round.  And WHY wasn't the cops' bodycams turned on? 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 01:07:27 PMHe didn't know there had been a fatal accident and it is routine for players to bypass cars lined up to get in.  I'm sympathetic to his situation because years ago I come up on a scene where there were lanes closed, detours, and contradictory 'Keep Left' and 'Keep Right' signs and  I was confused and found myself in the wrong place.  I got screamed at by one of the construction guys.  But they're the ones that created the confusing situation.

That said, what kind of idiot tries to stop a car by grabbing on to it.  The overcharging was ridiculous.  And it is to Scoottie's credit that he had the mental strength to birdie his first hole and go on to shoot 66 to be t4 after the round.  And WHY wasn't the cops' bodycams turned on? 

Yeah I wasn't saying the cop(s) did a good job here. Clearly that wasn't the case. More just that this incident could have easily been avoided. Bottom line, even if this cop was an idiot, Scheffler still put his foot on the gas after being told to stop. I would say that was a momentary lapse in judgment on his part. So was driving an extra 15 yards (per eyewitness Jeff Darlington) when the guy had (stupidly, I agree) "attached himself" to the car.

Stuff happens though, and this isn't the end of the world. If this is the worst mistake he has ever made in his life then he is probably in the 99.8th percentile of most virtuous people in the world.

Philosophers

Louisville cops should ask for apology and drop it.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 02:17:54 PMLouisville cops should ask for apology and drop it.

Scottie's lawyer says that if they don't drop the charges they will go to trial.  And based on what he said, the apology should go in the other direction.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 02:24:54 PMScottie's lawyer says that if they don't drop the charges they will go to trial.  And based on what he said, the apology should go in the other direction.

That's just to give them something.