News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 19, 2022, 03:29:23 PM
Lenny, PLEASE hold off...

"In His eagerness to save you, your God has saved the Roman Fleet."

I will Jim, but that could be the softball of all softballs.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

that would be Ben Hur i believe

spiderblue43

You should be ashamed to speak in front of my wife that way. If that is your wife, you should be ashamed too.    Do you have any experience at a department store? Well, I was a shop lifter for three years. How do you know they'll print it?  Keep right on quoting regulations. All too easy. It's not personal..it's business.Do you box? Where's the rest of me?!

LennG

Quote from: spiderblue43 on February 20, 2022, 10:00:42 AM
You should be ashamed to speak in front of my wife that way. If that is your wife, you should be ashamed too.    Do you have any experience at a department store? Well, I was a shop lifter for three years. How do you know they'll print it?  Keep right on quoting regulations. All too easy. It's not personal..it's business.Do you box? Where's the rest of me?!

Sorry, is this one long quote? If not, I have no idea where one starts and ends.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A few easy ones (softballs as we call them)

1--"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

2---" Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold."

3--"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

It's a conjunction.The first two are groucho. Three Days of The Condor ending.Godfather. Empire  Stirkes Back...Kings Row with Reagan.Star Trek Wrath of Khan..

LennG

Quote from: spiderblue43 on February 20, 2022, 11:53:49 AM
It's a conjunction.The first two are groucho. Three Days of The Condor ending.Godfather. Empire  Stirkes Back...Kings Row with Reagan.Star Trek Wrath of Khan..

I meant no offense, and I love when others put up quotes for me and others to try and solve. All I ask is you try and put each one on a different line so I can see where on ends and try and guess it. I have seen most of the movies they came from and would have loved a chance to figure them out--just separate them so we can see each one individually.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 20, 2022, 11:53:21 AM

1--"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

1 - The Usual Suspects (Verbal Kint/Keyser Soze)
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

3 -- "Animal House", Dean Wormer talking to Flounder.

LennG

Quote from: T200 on February 22, 2022, 10:22:24 AM
1 - The Usual Suspects (Verbal Kint/Keyser Soze)

To me, one of the greatest, and truest lines ever, in movie history.

Great movie also. My son told me about it years ago and I couldn't wait to watch. After it was over, I said 'What-t-t-t just happened and had to rewatch it all over again. I just never suspected the ending.

There are several movies I had to rewatch to really understand them and appreciate them. Another one is The Matrix (#1). I watched it, couldn't understand what the hell I was seeing. Again, my son told me how great it was, so I rewatched it, this time concentrating, and then I 'got' it. Really had to watch it a 3rd time to really see what a great movie it was. Too bad I couldn't say the same for the other ones that followed.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

You guys are good.

Anyone take a shot at #2. It is from one of the greatest movies ever made, just not one of the more memorable lines.
(Hint) It's 50th anniversary is coming up)

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on February 22, 2022, 11:37:05 AM
You guys are good.

Anyone take a shot at #2. It is from one of the greatest movies ever made, just not one of the more memorable lines.

It's certainly a saying I have heard before, but I am not aware which movie it's from. Is it from one of the Godfather movies?

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 22, 2022, 11:34:23 AM
To me, one of the greatest, and truest lines ever, in movie history.

Great movie also. My son told me about it years ago and I couldn't wait to watch. After it was over, I said 'What-t-t-t just happened and had to rewatch it all over again. I just never suspected the ending.

There are several movies I had to rewatch to really understand them and appreciate them. Another one is The Matrix (#1). I watched it, couldn't understand what the hell I was seeing. Again, my son told me how great it was, so I rewatched it, this time concentrating, and then I 'got' it. Really had to watch it a 3rd time to really see what a great movie it was. Too bad I couldn't say the same for the other ones that followed.
It's in my top 10 of favorites. I was absolutely mindblown when I first saw it too. Same with Se7en and Sixth Sense.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 22, 2022, 11:37:05 AM
You guys are good.

Kill Bill is the only thing that comes to mind. Didn't think you'd pull another from there so soon.

Your new clues also tell me Kill Bill isn't what you're looking for

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk