News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

GIANTS vs. HofF QBs

Started by jimv, October 25, 2018, 01:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

The Giants have won FOUR SBs & they beat a HofF QB in each one:

SB XX! - Elway

SB XXV - Kelly

SB LXII - Brady

XXLVI - Brady

Pretty good record! =D> =D> =D> =D>

jimv

Mods:

Please move this to "Giants History" Section.  THANKS!

Giant Obsession

Your post got me thinking about our Golden era "56 - "63

We lost top Unita and Weeb Ewbank twice, Starr and Lombardi twice, George Halas (with George Allen and his Defense) once, with Billy Wade (whose sole job was not to lose the game) once.

Everyone one of the people, except Wade, their busts reside in Canton. 

Our losing coaches and QB.   Jim Lee Howell (who did win in 1956) with Charley Conerly (touted by Wellington Mara as the greatest player NOT in the HOF.  And of course 1961-1963 Allie Sherman and Y.A. Tittle, who is still the favorite all time QB of many Giant fans.

Thank you for the post Jim.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

jimv

Obs, that '63 Championship still rankles me; it remains the worst Giants' loss that I've ever watched.

We were lucky to get YA as Charlie was fading out.  We had him give us some golden moments.  He & Charlie used to do a radio commercial for Tuborg beer touting it as the "Class of all beers."   It ended wityh Charlie saying, "Yeah, YA, and when you take your hat off. you REALLY have class!"

Giant Obsession

Quote from: jimv on November 01, 2018, 01:55:28 PM
Obs, that '63 Championship still rankles me; it remains the worst Giants' loss that I've ever watched.

We were lucky to get YA as Charlie was fading out.  We had him give us some golden moments.  He & Charlie used to do a radio commercial for Tuborg beer touting it as the "Class of all beers."   It ended wityh Charlie saying, "Yeah, YA, and when you take your hat off. you REALLY have class!"

Jim, you and I are twin sons of different mothers when it comes to that "63 game.  I have listened over and over to the radio play by play, even had a dream about the game.  It will haunt me till the day I cross over the bridge.  The 1962 game is a close second.  Freakin 30-40 mph winds most of the day.  I have always wondered what the weather was like in Green Bay that day and if we might have been better off with an away game.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

jimv

At that '62 game, there were fans actually building fires in the stands.

BTW, I don't know why, but I still have a program from the Oct 21, 1962 game between the Lions & Giants at Yankee Stadium.  We won 17 - 14.   There are advertisements for future games:  Lower box seats $5.00; lower & open stand reserved seats $4.00. :o :o    That game was the day before JFK announced the Cuban Blockade!

LennG

Great memories guys.

I just remember listening to the 63 championship game in a friends basement. When YA got hurt, my heart sank, but he came back, but was not the YA we knew. But, still, if Shofner doesn't drop that TD pass we win.

I was young an impressionable. it was a tough pill to swallow, but it wasn't my worst loss . We'll save that for a different thread.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss