News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Fargo 4th season

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, October 02, 2020, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Just a heads up. Fargo 4 has started on Hulu. I loved the Fargo series so far, but haven't delved into 4 yet because there's only a couple of episodes and you have to wait a week between each new one so I'm waiting until the series is over so I can binge it. I hate waiting a week for the next episode. Getting spoiled from all the options available - watch a whole season without commercials, etc.

Anyway, just wanted Fargo fans to know no. 4 has started.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I am a huge fan of Fargo, been watching it right from it's get go and hate the long wait between seasons. I have also DVRed the first 2 episodes and again, like you, hate to watch them. and have to wait a week for each new installment. I think I will wait until I have 3 then watch them, I just can't wait the entire season before I watch this great show.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Well, I cheated and had to start watching this afternoon.

Different type of story as it has gotten away from it's Fargo/Minnesota roots, but just a joy to watch. So far each of the first 2 episodes is about 75-80, minutes long and it still isn't enough.

Tomorrow night, the next installment and I can't wait.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I already watched the first two episodes (I DVR them on FX).   I am enjoying this season as much as I have enjoyed the other seasons
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I watched the first couple of episodes of the first season, with Colin Hanks playing the sheriff, but I just couldn't get into it.
But people on this forum have been raving about it and now knowing that each season doesn't relate to the previous seasons, I have started recording this season's episodes.
I haven't watched any of them yet, but the promos looked good and I like Chris Rock so I figured I'd give it another try.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ozzie on October 06, 2020, 01:47:26 PM
I watched the first couple of episodes of the first season, with Colin Hanks playing the sheriff, but I just couldn't get into it.
But people on this forum have been raving about it and now knowing that each season doesn't relate to the previous seasons, I have started recording this season's episodes.
I haven't watched any of them yet, but the promos looked good and I like Chris Rock so I figured I'd give it another try.

They tend to start out a little slow building the foundation for the story. Seems each episode new players are introduced into the story line - mostly bad people. If you stick with it, I think you'll find what most people find...and that is, they love it. I consider it "dark comedy"...sometimes, very, very dark  :laugh:

LennG

Lou

Everyone has their own tastes. Myself, I thought the first season was one of their best, with Billy Bob Thorton as the baddie.
Yes, each season is a completely new show and each ahs been better than great.

They usually have several different story lines going and as the season wears on, they get tied together in some way.

I just watched episode 3 of this year and it introduces new characters, which, you can see, though different story lines, will tie up at the end. They just introduced Timothy Olyphant into the series. He is great in whatever he does (Justified and Deadwood, for example).

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I think the Fargo series (and the movie) has a special sort of humor that may not be everyone's cup of tea. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Great episode yesterday. Things are really starting to what up. I hate that I have to wait an entire week to see more.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Seems I am the only one right now watching this show, and I can only say, you are missing one great TV watch. Since I was away last week, I got to watch the last 2 episodes and it is only getting better. The bodies are starting to pile up and no one knows who's next.
I will say, since this is the 4th season, this year is different from some of the past seasons. It is missing a lot of the quirkiness of the original Fargo, which gave this series some of its real charm, but that aside, and even if it were half as good as other seasons, it is still one of the best watches on TV.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 27, 2020, 12:38:22 PM
Seems I am the only one right now watching this show, and I can only say, you are missing one great TV watch. Since I was away last week, I got to watch the last 2 episodes and it is only getting better. The bodies are starting to pile up and no one knows who's next.
I will say, since this is the 4th season, this year is different from some of the past seasons. It is missing a lot of the quirkiness of the original Fargo, which gave this series some of its real charm, but that aside, and even if it were half as good as other seasons, it is still one of the best watches on TV.

I will definitely watch it, but I want to binge it so I have to wait until the final episode. But who knows, the curiosity might get the best of me and I'll start in early. Then I'll have to wait each week for the next episode which I hate. These streaming channels with no ads and entire seasons have spoiled me. Part of my hates all the new technology (especially cell phones), but part of me loves it  :-??

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 28, 2020, 08:38:21 AM
I will definitely watch it, but I want to binge it so I have to wait until the final episode. But who knows, the curiosity might get the best of me and I'll start in early. Then I'll have to wait each week for the next episode which I hate. These streaming channels with no ads and entire seasons have spoiled me. Part of my hates all the new technology (especially cell phones), but part of me loves it:-??
Since we are retired and housebound most of the time, we have time to Binge-watch whatever tickles our fancy. AND, I agree that you do become spoiled with that. That said, I don't like it when you have to wait a year, maybe 2 for your show to reappear, and then they drop all the episodes, we binge-watch, enjoy it fully, but it is gone in 2 days and the long wait is there once again.
Sometimes, like with the Series, The Boys on Prime, they only released one episode a week, like regular TV, so yes, you have to wait a week to watch again, but the pleasure is expanded to a couple of months, at the least. With The Boys, I waited 2 weeks between watching, and I watched 2 at a time. Excellent series--as with Fargo, very dark humor makes it a very enjoyable watch.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 28, 2020, 04:11:09 PM
Since we are retired and housebound most of the time, we have time to Binge-watch whatever tickles our fancy. AND, I agree that you do become spoiled with that. That said, I don't like it when you have to wait a year, maybe 2 for your show to reappear, and then they drop all the episodes, we binge-watch, enjoy it fully, but it is gone in 2 days and the long wait is there once again.
Sometimes, like with the Series, The Boys on Prime, they only released one episode a week, like regular TV, so yes, you have to wait a week to watch again, but the pleasure is expanded to a couple of months, at the least. With The Boys, I waited 2 weeks between watching, and I watched 2 at a time. Excellent series--as with Fargo, very dark humor makes it a very enjoyable watch.
Fargo is perfect for binging because the entire season is a complete story, unlike a great series like Ozark which you have to wait a year after binging an entire season.

I don't even have to wonder if I'll like Fargo once I start because the writers have mastered the art of single season shows. I like that particular oddity in a television series. Sorta like the old days when an author would release 10 chapters of a book each month...like Stephen King's "Green Mile". With the book though, I didn't have the willpower to wait until a single book with the entire story was released so I chomped at the bit each month waiting for the next partial book to come out. LOL

LennG

Just found out there will be 11 episodes for this 4th season, so we are well past the halfway point.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So I'll just keep giving sort of updates without giving anything away.

Bodies just keep piling up along with some major plot twists that just were not expected.

Still, IMVHO the best show on TV right now.

Charlie Weiss