News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The best death scenes in cinema history

Started by LennG, May 17, 2022, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Bad Bob dies in The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (Bad Bob played by Stacy Keach)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNM64VP2JBw
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

I'll add another into the mix. Again, it's just assumed they die but I submit: Butch & Sundance!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

PSUBeirut

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ralphpal

The black guy who invented skynet in terminator 2
Shot by Sarah Connor..

LennG

IN the Golden Days of Hollywood, there were certain actors that were easy to kill off at the end, Like Cagney, Bogart, Robinson, Raft, and many others, while others, the public would stand for having them killed off. Guys like Stewart, Gable, Grant, and Cooper maybe did die every so often, but not often enough. The public wouldn't hear of it.
Even a John Wayne was hard to kill off and when he did die in Sands of Iwo Jima, there was a huge outcry about it. He just never died in movies, when he should have.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

T200

Ahhhh, Ozark.

There were definitely some "OH SH*T!" deaths and some "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?" deaths that made the show interesting.

In the "Del's Death" scene, I forgot Jacob had one of the funniest lines:

"One thing Mexico's full of is Mexicans."

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on June 03, 2022, 10:19:27 PM
Ahhhh, Ozark.

There were definitely some "OH SH*T!" deaths and some "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?" deaths that made the show interesting.

In the "Del's Death" scene, I forgot Jacob had one of the funniest lines:

"One thing Mexico's full of is Mexicans."
=)) =)) =))

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

There were so many deaths in Ozark that it's hard to get a handle on. The opening scene in the very first episode in which everyone is murdered by Del and crew (except Marty Byrd) was gruesome. Also, Wendy's lover (Gary) being thrown from the balcony of a skyscraper and splatting near Marty was a disquieting death scene. But the conversation later with Marty and Wendy about Gary made me laugh so hard I nearly spilled my beer...Wendy was saying that Gary was really a decent man...blah, blah...and Marty responded with "The only joy in my life recently was hearing Gary hit the pavement" and then she slapped him  =)) =)) =))

For me the most couch jumping scenes was when Gary hit the pavement, Darlene blowing Del Rio's head off, Eugenia getting hit by the garbage truck, and Helen getting her head blown off. One scene that didn't result in death yet still put shivers down my spine was Darlene blowing the guys balls off with a shotgun - that was pretty doggone disturbing to me. Darlene was a whack job (as were a bunch of them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNcP1wTzWgE