News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do any of you use hulu as your streaming service

Started by Bill Brown, June 02, 2023, 07:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

Wondering if anyone who has hulu is having an issue with the recording feature.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Bill,

I don't have Hulu for my streaming services.  However, as a former IT guy, I can share the secret of how many IT-type problems are fixed-  Google it

The reality is if you have a problem, there is a very good chance others have had the problem, and have gone online to talk about it and seek help.

This might help you with your problem

https://zeebox.com/hulu-dvr-not-recording/

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

no I used to though till I realized  same money as cable without TNT or something? or whatever same money so why not just use verizon fios (which I need for wifi anyway)

Ed Vette

Off Topic but does anyone have YouTube TV instead of Cable? My bill is almost $300 a month which we negotiated down $25.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 02, 2023, 10:52:02 AMOff Topic but does anyone have YouTube TV instead of Cable? My bill is almost $300 a month which we negotiated down $25.

I do Ed. It's ok but for what I watch, but it ends up being somewhat pricey. Not nearly as pricey as cable or satellite, but truthfully I just don't watch a big variety of tv. I do like YouTube TV's recording feature though.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on June 02, 2023, 11:05:45 AMI do Ed. It's ok but for what I watch, but it ends up being somewhat pricey. Not nearly as pricey as cable or satellite, but truthfully I just don't watch a big variety of tv. I do like YouTube TV's recording feature though.
It advertises $79 and I think it covers five sets. I would need an Internet provider and I think that would run under $75 unlimited. The basic package seems to have a lot so I might not add on too much. Would it be almost half of what I'm paying now? Our last bill was $300.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 02, 2023, 11:36:50 AMIt advertises $79 and I think it covers five sets. I would need an Internet provider and I think that would run under $75 unlimited. The basic package seems to have a lot so I might not add on too much. Would it be almost half of what I'm paying now? Our last bill was $300.

Ed,

I have found Tom's Guide pretty trust worthy.  They do a nice breakdown of the various cable alternatives.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-cable-replacements,review-4387.html
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 02, 2023, 11:36:50 AMIt advertises $79 and I think it covers five sets. I would need an Internet provider and I think that would run under $75 unlimited. The basic package seems to have a lot so I might not add on too much. Would it be almost half of what I'm paying now? Our last bill was $300.

I found this article even more interesting.  They pit their two best providers in a head-to-head matchup

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 02, 2023, 11:47:39 AMI found this article even more interesting.  They pit their two best providers in a head-to-head matchup

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv
Thanks Rich
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Sounds like an easy decision to me Ed.
If my wife would go for it I'd drop YouTube TV completely, (ours is $72.99/mo). I get a lot of what I watch or listen to using Pluto, Tubi (both are free), Netflix, Amazon Prime, MLB.TV, NFL+Premium, and Pandora. I can catch news and weather highlights on Pluto or Tubi. I also subscribe to around 70 different (free) YouTube channels, and that's where I spend a bulk of my viewing enjoying topics such as cooking, music, politics, and homebrewing. Streaming has definitely changed the way I watch TV.

Bill Brown

I have Hulu 79.00, Netflix 20.00, FRNDLY 8.00 and Amazon prime. Prime video comes as part of the prime package which we would have a anyway because we get a lot of stuff from Amazon. Internet is 80.00 a month so in total we spend about 200.00 a month but when I  had everything through Spectrum I was paying 250.00 a month (no Netflix or FRNDLY) so my cost is much lower now. I have enjoyed the Hulu app. Lots of viewing options and lots of sports channels. My issue with them now is the DVR system seems messed up. Not recording things it should and the delete recording doesn't seem to work. Very frustrating to have to delete 35 episodes of Yellowstone every day. 

Bill

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bill Brown on June 02, 2023, 02:34:31 PMI have Hulu 79.00, Netflix 20.00, FRNDLY 8.00 and Amazon prime. Prime video comes as part of the prime package which we would have a anyway because we get a lot of stuff from Amazon. Internet is 80.00 a month so in total we spend about 200.00 a month but when I  had everything through Spectrum I was paying 250.00 a month (no Netflix or FRNDLY) so my cost is much lower now. I have enjoyed the Hulu app. Lots of viewing options and lots of sports channels. My issue with them now is the DVR system seems messed up. Not recording things it should and the delete recording doesn't seem to work. Very frustrating to have to delete 35 episodes of Yellowstone every day. 

Bill

I had not heard of the FRNDLY TV.  That service is an excellent companion to YouTube TV as it fills in almost all the holes for a cheap price
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 02, 2023, 07:54:55 PMI had not heard of the FRNDLY TV.  That service is an excellent companion to YouTube TV as it fills in almost all the holes for a cheap price

As an old fart, I really enjoy FRNDLY. Lots of old shows that I  didn't watch when they were originally shown. And lots of old westerns.

Bill

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on June 02, 2023, 12:11:37 PMSounds like an easy decision to me Ed.
If my wife would go for it I'd drop YouTube TV completely, (ours is $72.99/mo). I get a lot of what I watch or listen to using Pluto, Tubi (both are free), Netflix, Amazon Prime, MLB.TV, NFL+Premium, and Pandora. I can catch news and weather highlights on Pluto or Tubi. I also subscribe to around 70 different (free) YouTube channels, and that's where I spend a bulk of my viewing enjoying topics such as cooking, music, politics, and homebrewing. Streaming has definitely changed the way I watch TV.
Do you get a remote with YouTube TV or do you use the TV remote?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 03, 2023, 08:58:32 AMDo you get a remote with YouTube TV or do you use the TV remote?

Ed,

That depends on how you would stream it.  If you have a smart TV that is capable of downloading the Youtube streaming app, then you would use the TV remote.  If you are using an addon like an Amazon Firestick or Roku device you would use that remote.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE