News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DeNiro or Pacino?

Started by DaveBrown74, June 05, 2023, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Which of these two icons is/was the better actor?

Which one has had the better overall career?

Please explain your answers. Also please provide your favorite couple of movies that each was in.

Ed Vette

Pacino who had more than one personality. One for each character. But DeNiro in the Shining was one of the all time great roles.

Loved the scene they played in together.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 05, 2023, 12:36:10 PMPacino who had more than one personality. One for each character. But DeNiro in the Shining was one of the all time great roles.

Loved the scene they played in together.

Were you thinking of a different movie from The Shining? Unless DeNiro had some really minor role in that (which I don't recall that he did), Jack Nicholson was the main actor from the Shining.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 05, 2023, 12:55:59 PMWere you thinking of a different movie from The Shining? Unless DeNiro had some really minor role in that (which I don't recall that he did), Jack Nicholson was the main actor from the Shining.

You're right.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 05, 2023, 02:11:28 PMYou're right.

Regarding the movie they were in together, "Heat", I fully agree that was very fun to watch (assuming that is what you meant).

I think it's a very tough call to put one above the other (hence why I asked). I find that sometimes Pacino overacts a little bit, so I'd probably go DeNiro, but obviously both are legends and there is no "right" answer here.

DeNiro's performance in "Cape Fear" was tremendous. He was truly menacing in that.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 05, 2023, 02:16:24 PMRegarding the movie they were in together, "Heat", I fully agree that was very fun to watch (assuming that is what you meant).

I think it's a very tough call to put one above the other (hence why I asked). I find that sometimes Pacino overacts a little bit, so I'd probably go DeNiro, but obviously both are legends and there is no "right" answer here.

DeNiro's performance in "Cape Fear" was tremendous. He was truly menacing in that.
I was a fan of Roberto Duran and googled him because I knew he was going to be 72 soon. I stumbled upon the movie Hands Of Stone with DiNiro as Ray Arcel. Never knew of the movie. I enjoyed it. If you're a fight fan from that era, I recommend it. Lots of insight into his demons that drove him up and down.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 14, 2023, 06:34:11 PMI was a fan of Roberto Duran and googled him because I knew he was going to be 72 soon. I stumbled upon the movie Hands Of Stone with DiNiro as Ray Arcel. Never knew of the movie. I enjoyed it. If you're a fight fan from that era, I recommend it. Lots of insight into his demons that drove him up and down.

Great tip, thanks. I am totally unaware of this movie, but I'm interested. I'll take a look for sure. Thanks again.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 14, 2023, 06:54:31 PMGreat tip, thanks. I am totally unaware of this movie, but I'm interested. I'll take a look for sure. Thanks again.
Amazon Prime
~ Coach Tom Coughlin