News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Time for a serious, no-spin conversation about Daniel Jones

Started by DaveBrown74, October 02, 2023, 11:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

Fumbling inside the 15 and throwing the pick 6 after he telegraphed his pass is all on him and a fairly common trait.

Jones is damaged goods in the sense that he can't take chances and go for it anymore.  He has been conditioned to play it save to protect the offense from the mistakes of yesteryear. 

Furthermore, once the pressure comes he unravels and starts having his PTSD flashbacks and reverts back to his old habits; missing open receivers by playing it save and checking down, literally missing receivers with poor throws and starring down receivers telegraphing his intentions. 

Everything must be going well, damn near perfect for him to succeed and that is not the trait of a stud franchise QB.

The O line is a huge problem no doubt and I am not understating this.  The Oline is horrible, simply an embarrassment.  That being said Jones is a problem too and has not lived up to 40 mill.  In asking and pushing for that much $ he lost the ability to get more line help with the finite $'s available to the team and put himself into this spot.

He will be off the team after this contracts 2nd year.  Lets hope the next QB has a line to develop behind.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 11:05:27 AMhttps://x.com/_willnyr_/status/1709056244567200167?s=20

Jones does this far too often and teams know it.  This is why Daboll ripped into him.

Some have pointed out his locking onto receivers and it gets largely ignored. This shows it clear as day.

katkavage

Jones is a wonderlic wonder. But his football IQ is abysmal. He's a dumb QB.

Rambo89

Quote from: katkavage on October 03, 2023, 11:09:26 AMJones is a wonderlic wonder. But his football IQ is abysmal. He's a dumb QB.

He maybe book smart but he lacks instincts and awareness.  Those are things a QB is born with not taught. 

Trench

This is what you get when you lock on recievers. The entire league is on to Danny Check Down. It's over.He doesn't have it.

4 out of 5 national tv games ended in disaster, she'll shocked in playoffs by Eagles, no TDs in 2st Hal at home or something I read. Not worth 40 million. He's a backup. That's what he is.

True Blue

If he keeps playing like he has been recently, his contract might make him the Kenny Golladay of Quarterbacks. Thankfully they can get out of it easier if he doesn't turn it around

Giant Obsession

All you have to do is go on Youtube and pull up his game against Clemson and Wake Forest, two good teams in 2018.

Watch that and wonder how he ever got drafted so high.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Rambo89

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 03, 2023, 11:46:39 AMAll you have to do is go on Youtube and pull up his game against Clemson and Wake Forest, two good teams in 2018.

Watch that and wonder how he ever got drafted so high.

He got drafted so high because he was coached by David Cutcliffe who has a good reputation with QB's.  He was drafted 6th overall because of that and John Mara's desire to find the next Eli which he thought Jones was because of Cutcliffe and Jones's personality being similar to Eli.

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 11:05:27 AMhttps://x.com/_willnyr_/status/1709056244567200167?s=20

Jones does this far too often and teams know it.  This is why Daboll ripped into him.
I saw Waller open on TV. I wonder if Campbell has some dirt on Jones and Kafka. Why the hell is he even in the game, let alone getting passes thrown his way.

I'd rather see jump balls thrown downfield to Hyatt. Just throw the damn ball.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: T200 on October 03, 2023, 11:58:37 AMI saw Waller open on TV. I wonder if Campbell has some dirt on Jones and Kafka. Why the hell is he even in the game, let alone getting passes thrown his way.

I'd rather see jump balls thrown downfield to Hyatt. Just throw the damn ball.

If Jones didn't have a habit of always looking to his check down or the receiver running the underneath route I would agree on the Campbell point but it's not Campbell.

Section 101 Steve

If we have a shot at one of the qb's coming out we need to use the pick on the qb
sm

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 12:00:49 PMIf Jones didn't have a habit of always looking to his check down or the receiver running the underneath route I would agree on the Campbell point but it's not Campbell.
I know. I was being facetious. But in all seriousness, Campbell picked the right jersey number. It's what he's done in his short time here.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 11:52:03 AMHe got drafted so high because he was coached by David Cutcliffe who has a good reputation with QB's.  He was drafted 6th overall because of that and John Mara's desire to find the next Eli which he thought Jones was because of Cutcliffe and Jones's personality being similar to Eli.

And Gettleman fell in love at the Senior Bowl.

katkavage

It's pretty simple folks. When Daboll and Schoen came in, either they are not the evaluators they claim to be or Mara pressured them to keep Jones (and Barkley). When you start over, you start over. These half ass transitions never work.