News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Knee Jerk Fire Daboll Thread

Started by Messiah717, October 08, 2023, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messiah717

Too early?  Perhaps it is but I'm already over him.  The players should be getting coached up.  After two steps forward last year this is ten steps back.  Undisciplined, never prepared and not even really competing.  This to me falls on the head coach.

Rambo89

Way too early coming off a playoff season and win.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

The coach isn't the problem

JT39

MagicRat

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 08, 2023, 04:05:42 PMThe coach isn't the problem
That's where I'm at, but having said that we came into the season looking undercooked.
There's plenty blame to go round.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:09:27 PMNah - he's been great...

So the solution is to fire another coach but keep the QB?

Jclayton92

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:09:27 PMNah - he's been great...
I don't know if I can go another entire week with you blaming everyone but Jones lol.

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:12:37 PMSo the solution is to fire another coach but keep the QB?

Always about Jones with you. You are obsessed with him lol

I said to take a QB with a top 10 pick. But you choose what you want to read.

JT39

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 08, 2023, 04:13:25 PMI don't know if I can go another entire week with you blaming everyone but Jones lol.

Or you blaming jones for everything. I hold the entire team accountable. Try it sometime.

Stugots

Fact of the matter is that Daboll took this team to the playoffs last year with sub par talent. Outside of the draft and adding a few vets like Campbell and Okereke, there isn't that much of an improvement in the overall talent level from last year. Part of that is because Schoen inherited a bad cap, and the other part is that our draft picks haven't taken the next step as of yet. Last season bought Daboll time.

LennG

I sure am not ready to fire Daboll now, but he had better sit his entire staff down and lay the law out to them. There isn't one unit on this team that has performed well, offense, defense, ST, they all suck. Someone has to do something to shake this team up. I remember Parcels used to cut some player who everyone thought was untouchable to sort of shake up the team, maybe it's time for Daboll to stop being so loyal to his guys and get rid of some one.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kingm56

The giants are on pace to win 4 to 5 games; some posters better get use to the idea of them drafting a Qb. They're not going to give DJ his 4th HC and 5th OC in 6 years while simultaneously expecting a different result...that's the literal definition of insanity.  To that end, I think they make a change at QB before HC.

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on October 08, 2023, 04:27:40 PMThe giants are on pace to win 4 to 5 games; some posters better get use to the idea of them drafting a Qb. They're not going to give DJ his 4th HC and 5th OC and expect a different result...that's the literal definition of insanity.

Daboll should be back next season regardless....but I do think there should be a shake up to his coaching staff.

Messiah717

I do believe Daboll will be back but I don't like what I've seen here.  There's regression and then there's this.

kingm56

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 08, 2023, 04:31:50 PMI do believe Daboll will be back but I don't like what I've seen here.  There's regression and then there's this.

I don't think it's a regression, the Giants have played poorly without Saquon Barkley for the last five years.