News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A Total Ass Kicking

Started by Ed Vette, December 17, 2023, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: SlotCorner on December 18, 2023, 09:09:06 AMYeah that was ugly but not totally unexpected. We beat GB, who lost to Tampa yesterday. Their 3-game win streak may have been just as big a mirage as ours. Our other two wins during this streak came against two of the worst offenses in the NFL.

What I don't get is the lack of pressure on Carr. He is not good under pressure but the Giants seemed content to sit back in zone and hope for coverage sacks that never came. With Olave out, I thought for sure the D would shut him down.

Chalk up the two Eagles games as losses, and if the Rams have something to play for, that one too which leaves us at 5-12. Not bad enough for a top 3 pick, but this team has major issues across the roster. I don't know if you take anything positive out of this season except maybe we found a cheap backup QB and some of the progress of the rookies / young players like Banks and Thibodeaux.

The OL is still a mess. The DL is good but thin. We've got some decent LBs and secondary guys, but Adoree Jackson is done done done. 
Adoree' has had a downward trend in his coverage and I'm not sure if it was the transition to Slot that screwed him up or if he's slowed a step but surely his read and react has declined. He's best in man coverage.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

The more I reflect the more I lay this ass kicking on the entire Coaching Staff.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2023, 11:40:32 AMThe more I reflect the more I lay this ass kicking on the entire Coaching Staff.

Agree 100%

Wink was looking like a fool yesterday, DeVito was not throwing long passes?  Kafka has to go

Onward and hopefully upward
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Gmo11

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2023, 11:40:32 AMThe more I reflect the more I lay this ass kicking on the entire Coaching Staff.

I just can't do that.  They have an undrafted 3rd string QB playing and they managed to win 3 games in a row with that guy.  Coaching probably had a little something to do with that.  So they forgot how to coach this week?  They are doing the best they can with this circumstance but there's only so much they can do.  They won't be winning any games unless the opponent helps them out.  For 3 game in a row they got that extra help...yesterday they didn't.  So they lost.  I don't believe any different play calls any different blitzes or coverages or anything else would have changed that result unless Carr just decided to throw it to the wrong team a couple teams.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 18, 2023, 12:13:55 PMI just can't do that.  They have an undrafted 3rd string QB playing and they managed to win 3 games in a row with that guy.  Coaching probably had a little something to do with that.  So they forgot how to coach this week?  They are doing the best they can with this circumstance but there's only so much they can do.  They won't be winning any games unless the opponent helps them out.  For 3 game in a row they got that extra help...yesterday they didn't.  So they lost.  I don't believe any different play calls any different blitzes or coverages or anything else would have changed that result unless Carr just decided to throw it to the wrong team a couple teams.
Well, we'll agree to disagree.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin