News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

🤌🏻🤌🏻 - It’s Tommy Cutlets Mania!

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, December 12, 2023, 07:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 12, 2023, 12:42:41 PMGeneral question: what is with the "cutlets"? 

It's not lost on me that Italians are proud of and known for their cuisine.   I just dont get why "cutlets" over something like Parmigian or lasagna....or any of dozens of other food words that are associated with Italians.

DeVito told the team his Mom's specialty and his favorite meal is breaded chicken cutlets. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 12, 2023, 12:42:41 PMGeneral question: what is with the "cutlets"? 

It's not lost on me that Italians are proud of and known for their cuisine.   I just dont get why "cutlets" over something like Parmigian or lasagna....or any of dozens of other food words that are associated with Italians.

I'm only 1/4 Italian so I don't want to talk out of turn, but I think it's just a common, casual favorite of home-cooked meals for Italian-Americans. It's also the base food item in staple dishes like chicken parmigiana, etc. It's not intended to be anything elaborate. It just comes into play a lot as a basic food item that is well liked.

TDToomer

It's not just Chicken Cutlets it's how his family prepared it during the tailgate. Layered with buffalo mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers and balsamic on a Hero roll. Also know as a Tuscan.    :worship:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

What's next? Tommy Lunch boxes..hard hats..the Foot Long DeVito sub..ayeee!

And TD's playlist:

Stayin' Alive
Rags to Riches
Play That Funky Music
Mama
This is Heaven
Bombolina
Living on the Edge
A Kick in the Head

:ok:  <:-P

Bob In PA

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 12, 2023, 02:49:13 PMWhat's next? Tommy Lunch boxes..hard hats..the Foot Long DeVito sub..ayeee!

And TD's playlist:

Stayin' Alive
Rags to Riches
Play That Funky Music
Mama
This is Heaven
Bombolina
Living on the Edge
A Kick in the Head

:ok:  <:-P

spider: ESPECIALLY "A Kick In The Head."  <:-P   

I wonder how many here know that song or who (most famously) sang it ???

Not a recent Top-40 hit. lol

Bob

uconnjack8

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 12, 2023, 01:08:35 PMDeVito told the team his Mom's specialty and his favorite meal is breaded chicken cutlets. Bob

Bob,

That explains it. Having worked in an Italian restaurant and breaded 30-40 lbs of cutlets on a given morning, it still didnt make sense to pull that one thing from all of the various dishes. 

It's certainly a fun story.

y_so_blu

Thinking about the draft in November and December is not a good feeling. It almost invariably means something went wrong with your season. And in the case of the '23 Giants almost anything that could, has. If MetLife Stadium had a roof it would have collapsed by now. That's how bad it's been. Since Week 3 I've seen some of the dullest and most depressing football in memory--with the only silver lining being that the team itself clearly still wants to win, despite being totally outclassed on offense and special teams on a weekly basis.

And at times like this... you really need a beer, am I right?

I bet it even goes well with cutlets.

Tommy Devito is the refreshing pick-me-up Giants fans so desperately needed. A reason to hope and care again. Whatever happens in the final weeks, I will cherish this win he led over the Packers as an early Christmas present. Grazie and congratulazioni, #15!

SlotCorner

Quote from: y_so_blu on December 12, 2023, 04:11:31 PMThinking about the draft in November and December is not a good feeling. It almost invariably means something has gone wrong with your season. And in the case of the '23 Giants almost anything that could, has. If MetLife Stadium had a roof it would have collapsed by now. That's how bad it's been. Since Week 3 I've seen some of the dullest and most depressing football in memory--with the only silver lining being that the team itself clearly still wants to win, despite being totally outclassed on offense and special teams on a weekly basis.

And at times like this... you really need a beer, am I right?

I bet it even goes well with cutlets.

Tommy Devito is the pick-me-up Giants fans so desperately needed. A reason to hope and care again. Whatever happens in the final weeks, I will cherish this win he led over the Packers as an early Christmas present. Grazie and congratulazioni, #15!

I will definitely get some of this for the game next week. This is awesome.

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 12, 2023, 03:12:30 PMspider: ESPECIALLY "A Kick In The Head."  <:-P   

I wonder how many here know that song or who (most famously) sang it ???

Not a recent Top-40 hit. lol

Bob

Dean Martin??
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 12, 2023, 03:36:09 PMBob,

That explains it. Having worked in an Italian restaurant and breaded 30-40 lbs of cutlets on a given morning, it still didnt make sense to pull that one thing from all of the various dishes. 

It's certainly a fun story.
nothing like eating them fresh out of the frying pan.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on December 12, 2023, 04:58:51 PMDean Martin??
Len: I figured you would know, since you're an old fart like me.  I wonder if any of the young farts knew. lol

Slugsy-Narrows