News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seriously, lets get behind Tommy DeVito and stop the Doubting Thomas narrative

Started by BluesCruz, December 12, 2023, 07:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

What does the man have to do to convince you a winner has finally fallen in your laps?

It is mind boggling how certain people treat and downplay the winning and good play of this guy.

"Lets lose out and draft some NFL untested college hopeful". Incredible

Yeah draft one but let him sit a few years until all the winning stops.

If the Giants would just rotate their RBs like 90% of the league.  These victory margins would be much larger

I saw Detroit run 2 Jet sweeps and one pitchout the other day in succession.  I said to myself why cant we do something like that?

Dabol/Kafka would not call that in a month of Sundays

Tommy is not holding the offense back the coaches and the RB are.

3rd and 13s are more our norm

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

AYM

Yeah, who knows at this point. May as well see where this ride leads us, and who knows, maybe we have a QB.

If not, at least we seem to have a backup QB.

T200

Tommy certainly has something. He's not the prototypical QB but he has heart and he's fearless, two very good qualities to have in that position, IMHO.

I'm all in on him as far as starting the rest of the season. I don't see him as the QB Savior as you do, but I am less nervous with him under center than I was with Jones.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kartanoman

I think we all were. At least I know I have always been.

The team is responding to him. That's the beautiful part of this whole thing. When they do, things like last night happen.

I think you'll have to make room for additional bandwagoners for next week as the kid's cult status continues to grow. Winning in New Orleans is a tough animal and that would be a huge pelt on his horse if he can lead the team to a win out there.

Keep the faith and pushing this kid's name. It's starting to take effect.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BluesCruz

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 08:07:34 AMTommy certainly has something. He's not the prototypical QB but he has heart and he's fearless, two very good qualities to have in that position, IMHO.

I'm all in on him as far as starting the rest of the season. I don't see him as the QB Savior as you do, but I am less nervous with him under center than I was with Jones.

Like you I want to see more of him to decide if he is the savior, but....he has taken the bull by the horns.  Those runs. Very determined to win at all costs

As he matures I see him as mimicking the Joe Montana style but with better legs.  Joe didnt run for yards much.  Steve young did.  Tommy would have fit on those old 49r teams

babywhales

Next year TT is the odd man out.

Jones will be back for his 69 million dollars and Schoen would be crazy not to bring TD back.

Until the draft, it is what it is....

I will say this, our QB play has been so bad for so long it is hard to imagine that this is what is getting people excited.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

EDjohnst1981

I don't think there's anyone on this board who's not behind him or on the train right now.

I think the only difficulty people have is annotating him as the QB of the future, that's certainly my view.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 12, 2023, 08:22:24 AMI don't think there's anyone on this board who's not behind him or on the train right now.

I think the only difficulty people have is annotating him as the QB of the future, that's certainly my view.

He is our QB for now!  Live in the now, enjoy the now and worry about tomorrow when it happens!

sooners56

How are the RBs holding the offense back??? Barkley gets hit almost before he takes his 2nd step, and if he gets that 2nd step there is usually a brick wall he has to run through just to get back to the line of scrimmage. I will say in the 2nd half and late in games the offensive line seems to start opening holes for the RBs a little better.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

BluesCruz

Quote from: sooners56 on December 12, 2023, 08:32:06 AMHow are the RBs holding the offense back??? Barkley gets hit almost before he takes his 2nd step, and if he gets that 2nd step there is usually a brick wall he has to run through just to get back to the line of scrimmage. I will say in the 2nd half and late in games the offensive line seems to start opening holes for the RBs a little better.

Why is it when Matt Beida comes in the Red Sea parts and he usually runs for 5-6 yds immediately?  Give me a Brake

Barkley is slow to pick his hole and hits the hole with zero force.  Barkley is a big hole guy who looks good in the opponents downfield areas with his shifty moves

We dont open a lot of big holes

MightyGiants

Bill Parcells summed it up perfectly.

"Let's not put him in Canton just yet"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 07:59:44 AMWhat does the man have to do to convince you a winner has finally fallen in your laps?

It is mind boggling how certain people treat and downplay the winning and good play of this guy.

"Lets lose out and draft some NFL untested college hopeful". Incredible

Yeah draft one but let him sit a few years until all the winning stops.

If the Giants would just rotate their RBs like 90% of the league.  These victory margins would be much larger

I saw Detroit run 2 Jet sweeps and one pitchout the other day in succession.  I said to myself why cant we do something like that?

Dabol/Kafka would not call that in a month of Sundays

Tommy is not holding the offense back the coaches and the RB are.

3rd and 13s are more our norm

You are so lost in the moment that you are not realizing that we won last night because of the defense. We are on a 3 game winning streak because of the defense, and the only thing Devito did was not mess it up.

We need elite Qb play so that we can actually start winning football games because of the Qb not despite them.

Great story, lots of fun, but this is basically the football version Lin-Sanity.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 12, 2023, 09:54:21 AMYou are so lost in the moment that you are not realizing that we won last night because of the defense. We are on a 3 game winning streak because of the defense, and the only thing Devito did was not mess it up.

We need elite Qb play so that we can actually start winning football games because of the Qb not despite them.

Great story, lots of fun, but this is basically the football version Lin-Sanity.
Besides the solid QB play, TD has been the catalyst to a team of sad sacks depressed and floundering. His leadership has inspired the team and the coaches. Your confirmation bias is coming out with every one of these posts. You can't even give him credit for the improvement in his game since the day he got here. No sacks, no turnovers last night. Gains like 80 yards with his legs and makes key completions, while Kafka held him in check.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 12, 2023, 09:54:21 AMYou are so lost in the moment that you are not realizing that we won last night because of the defense. We are on a 3 game winning streak because of the defense, and the only thing Devito did was not mess it up.

J,

You are reeeaaaalllly selling this kid short. Let me ask you this: if Jones played the entire game last night, do the Giants win?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm guilty of downplaying him...mainly because I watched him so many times playing for Syracuse. However, he's making a believer out of me. Instead of melting under the big lights, he plays with brass balls. He is also very good at detecting pass rushes and instinctively seems to know right where to go...and without losing track of who's open. The kid has moxie and he's proving to all doubters that the stage is not too big for him (unlike so many of the past when they reach the New York stage)

He'll probably have a stinker or two one of these days, throwing doubt again on his ability. But he's proving that he's definitely an NFL QB, which is more than you can say about the legion of QBs taken in early rounds in the past. His QB rating of 96.5 tops both DJ (70.5) and TT and would be leading the nation if not for his limited games 
:what:

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: