News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- NY6-CFP Bowls

Started by Jclayton92, December 30, 2023, 12:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

That Missouri v Ohio St game was hard to watch.

Here hoping my team pulls it out on Penn St here in a second.

Then get ready for Georgia to slaughter FSU.

Anyone else pumped for college football?

President Rick

Go Terps.  Game is today.

Then tomorrow, Go Giants!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 30, 2023, 12:11:06 PMThat Missouri v Ohio St game was hard to watch.

I'm pumped for the playoffs, but these bowl games are such a waste of time now. The transfer portal and draft-bound players sitting out has killed them. I am an ND fan and really got very little out of watching them wreck Oregon St yesterday. Nobody cares about these games anymore or plays in them. They've become the football equivalent of the college basketball NIT. I guess it's an opportunity to see your underclassmen play, so maybe a better comparison is preseason NFL games.

I can't wait for the 12 team playoff format. I used to be very into these bowl games back in the day, but they have become so irrelevant now. The teams are unrecognizable versus what you watched all year, and there are empty seats in the stadiums.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 30, 2023, 12:11:06 PMThat Missouri v Ohio St game was hard to watch.

I am but with so many of these guys pulling out the games so far have been snooze inducing. Good article in today's WAPO on how the overlap in timing of the transfer portal and the early signing period, coupled with the guys opting out of games, have contributed to less than compelling bowl seasons the last few years
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

You wouldn't know these bowls don't matter by how chippy this ole miss vs penn state game is, they are battling.

Jclayton92

Ole Miss has weapons all over the field and Penn Sts defense with Abdul Carter. Prospects all over the field for 2025.

Jclayton92

Also no way on planet earth is Allar a top Qb prospect next season.

katkavage

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 30, 2023, 01:18:41 PMYou wouldn't know these bowls don't matter by how chippy this ole miss vs penn state game is, they are battling.
So far the best of the bowl games.

JT39

Outside the final 4. These bowl games are more meaningless than every NFL's teams first preseason game.

DaveBrown74

Jess, what are your thoughts on Dart as far as having an NFL future and how his attributes might translate?

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 30, 2023, 02:23:43 PMJess, what are your thoughts on Dart as far as having an NFL future and how his attributes might translate?
I think he's only going to get better, coming back next year I think he really starts to get discussed as a prospect. He's night and day better than Allar and most mocks have Allar as the #1 pick next year.

Jclayton92

Dart is what they Jets thought they were getting in Wilson if that makes sense.

Jclayton92

Ole Miss is returning its entire offense and loafing up on the best prospects in the transfer portal on defense. They should be a top 5 team in 2025.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 30, 2023, 03:05:11 PMOle Miss is returning its entire offense and loafing up on the best prospects in the transfer portal on defense. They should be a top 5 team in 2025.

Interesting... that would be fun to see an elite season from them. They've definitely been much better overall in recent years than a decade or so ago but have not quite reached an elite level. I've always liked them, even before Eli went there, and given he's an alum I'd love to see them vie for a national championship (so long as they're not standing in ND's way).

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 30, 2023, 03:14:41 PMInteresting... that would be fun to see an elite season from them. They've definitely been much better overall in recent years than a decade or so ago but have not quite reached an elite level. I've always liked them, even before Eli went there, and given he's an alum I'd love to see them vie for a national championship (so long as they're not standing in ND's way).
You guys will be intriguing with Leonard next year.