News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- NY6-CFP Bowls

Started by Jclayton92, December 30, 2023, 12:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2024, 04:14:52 PMWhat's being changed? You can't fine unpaid players right?

I was referring to the number of teams that make the playoffs and the expansion from 4 to 12.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 04:18:58 PMI was referring to the number of teams that make the playoffs and the expansion from 4 to 12.

Thanks. I wasn't aware but that sounds like a good plan. Now get rid of the rest of the games that are named after a dorito or frito-lay product. A sport with free labor outside of coaching should not need to accept so much outside sponsorship.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2024, 04:29:23 PMThanks. I wasn't aware but that sounds like a good plan. Now get rid of the rest of the games that are named after a dorito or frito-lay product. A sport with free labor outside of coaching should not need to accept so much outside sponsorship.

I think it will be much better with 12 than 4.

There was a time when these Bowl Games were a huge deal, but they're not anymore. Nobody who is draft bound or in the transfer portal (which is a huge chunk of these teams) participates, and you have empty seats in the stadiums.

Turning the playoffs into 12 teams instead of 4 will go a long way to making December/Jan much more interesting for college football. And the regular season will still matter a great deal because the top 4 seeds will get byes, which is a huge incentive.

DaveBrown74

God what a terrible INT by McCarthy. Hate seeing that on literally the first snap of the game if you're Michigan.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 05:14:29 PMGod what a terrible INT by McCarthy. Hate seeing that on literally the first snap of the game if you're Michigan.

Haha... wow bailed out big time. Still a brutal throw.

Philosophers

He made some great throws.  Got battered on the trick play but threw it right to the WR

uconnjack8

Michigan looks stronger in the trenches thus far.

Philosophers

2 turnovers and leading by 3 and winning the trenches.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 04:52:46 PMI think it will be much better with 12 than 4.

There was a time when these Bowl Games were a huge deal, but they're not anymore. Nobody who is draft bound or in the transfer portal (which is a huge chunk of these teams) participates, and you have empty seats in the stadiums.

Turning the playoffs into 12 teams instead of 4 will go a long way to making December/Jan much more interesting for college football. And the regular season will still matter a great deal because the top 4 seeds will get byes, which is a huge incentive.

Empty seats could be because of the ticket price. Again it's pure greed to charge NFL prices when none of the revenue goes to the players and everyone else gets rich. College football is kind of like a Ponzi Scheme.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

katkavage

The Alabama game plan keeping the QB in the pocket is ridiculous.

JT39

Samaj Morgan is showing freshman jitters. Lost fumble. Let's a punt roll. Then a big third down drop.

Time to sit him.

uconnjack8

What do you guys think of McCarthy so far?

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 01, 2024, 08:16:28 PMWhat do you guys think of McCarthy so far?
I have mixed take on him. He did come back on a drive to tie the game. He's been erratic. Harbaugh doesn't lean on him. I think he may need another year. I haven't seen enough of him to be definitive.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 01, 2024, 08:24:22 PMI have mixed take on him. He did come back on a drive to tie the game. He's been erratic. Harbaugh doesn't lean on him. I think he may need another year. I haven't seen enough of him to be definitive.

I think that's the story of his season.  Certainly not his fault that Michigan has been able to just run over everyone, but it certainly hasnt allowed him to showcase himself.   

This game they have had to rely more on the pass, but still have been run 1st.

Section 101 Steve

Well, at least he can make the short throws!  :laugh:
sm