News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Schedule for next year

Started by Arodgers12, January 04, 2024, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arodgers12

I realize if we lose Sunday we probably finish 3rd place in the division and we would play the 3rd place team in the NFC East which is you guys in NY again next year. I hope we win Sunday so we can avoid playing the Giants again next year lol. You guys always beat us there and in Lambeau. If we do make the playoffs will you guys actually pull for us?

MagicRat

Quote from: Arodgers12 on January 04, 2024, 08:46:53 AMI realize if we lose Sunday we probably finish 3rd place in the division and we would play the 3rd place team in the NFC East which is you guys in NY again next year. I hope we win Sunday so we can avoid playing the Giants again next year lol. You guys always beat us there and in Lambeau. If we do make the playoffs will you guys actually pull for us?

Against Dallas and Philli that's a hard yes.
Once they're out, my playoff rooting is fluid.
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

I certainly wouldn't root against the Packers in the playoffs, but I'm rooting for the Lions this year in the NFC. I like Campbell a lot, and they're a team and fan base that has had as much suffering as anyone in the history of the league. Not to mention that city has been through a lot. Hard not to pull for them. But I respect the Packers franchise plenty so if they  were to get in I wouldn't be rooting against them in any game other than if they played Detroit.

BluesCruz

Im rooting for the Raiders and Antonio Pierce

I was not a huge fan of him as a player but his stepping into the HC position seems like his destiny fulfilled

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MagicRat

My ideal scenario would be a Detroit/Cleveland SB, as has been said, two fanbases who deserve it.
Having said that, I think Baltimore have got hot at the right time in the AFC and will go the distance (Lamar/January though).
NFC is quite open I'd say, and as long as Dallas and Philli fail early I'll be content.
Would like to see Detroit go on a run but SF on their day are good......but can be flawed generally.

TDToomer

Quote from: MagicRat on January 04, 2024, 11:20:53 AMMy ideal scenario would be a Detroit/Cleveland SB, as has been said, two fanbases who deserve it.
Having said that, I think Baltimore have got hot at the right time in the AFC and will go the distance (Lamar/January though).
NFC is quite open I'd say, and as long as Dallas and Philli fail early I'll be content.
Would like to see Detroit go on a run but SF on their day are good......but can be flawed generally.

Prior to acquiring Watson I would agree with this. Even though he is injured I just can't get behind the Brown and what their owner did. So I am all in on a Lions-Bills SB. Bills have almost the same years of a title drought as Cleveland.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

At the end of the day, I'm putting my affiliation with the locals here which are pulling for Brock Purdy to go the distance with the 49ers. A rematch with Baltimore is the best Super Bowl scenario, in my opinion, which will deliver an amazing performance. I want to see Mr. Irrelevant hold up the Lombardi Trophy.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: Arodgers12 on January 04, 2024, 08:46:53 AMI realize if we lose Sunday we probably finish 3rd place in the division and we would play the 3rd place team in the NFC East which is you guys in NY again next year. I hope we win Sunday so we can avoid playing the Giants again next year lol. You guys always beat us there and in Lambeau. If we do make the playoffs will you guys actually pull for us?
I will.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MagicRat

Quote from: TDToomer on January 04, 2024, 12:32:27 PMPrior to acquiring Watson I would agree with this. Even though he is injured I just can't get behind the Brown and what their owner did. So I am all in on a Lions-Bills SB. Bills have almost the same years of a title drought as Cleveland.
Aye, the Watson nonsense made them a bit toxic.
But I'm not sure  the fan base ever collectively got on board with the move (though I could be wrong on that).

DaveBrown74

The add-on of Watson is an understandable reason to not be able to pull for the Browns. I fully get that.

For me it's more about their fan base. But I can understand anyone not wanting to get behind them due to Watson alone. He is clearly a bad guy.

babywhales

Live just north of madison 

Packers culture and Packer fans are as solid and classy as they get.  

Love going to Lambeau to watch the Giants beat the Packers 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

TDToomer

Lets be clear. The Browns fans are all in on Watson. They have been in QB hell since Bernie Kosar. I can't cheer them on. It's also about Jimmy Haslam. He doesn't deserve anything.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 05, 2024, 01:23:05 PMLets be clear. The Browns fans are all in on Watson. They have been in QB hell since Bernie Kosar. I can't cheer them on. It's also about Jimmy Haslam. He doesn't deserve anything.

Right now Browns fans aren't even thinking about Watson. They're all-in on Flacco. He is the big story there right now, not Watson. And he's a very easy guy for me to root for.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 05, 2024, 04:03:42 PMRight now Browns fans aren't even thinking about Watson. They're all-in on Flacco. He is the big story there right now, not Watson. And he's a very easy guy for me to root for.

Well Flacco already has a ring. Allen, Tua, Jackson and Lawrence do not.

Rosehill Jimmy

You seem like a nice guy but I just cannot root for the Packers. They broke my heart as a young boy (61 & 62) and I will never forgive them  :D
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"