News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dunleavy reports McKinney heading to free agency

Started by MightyGiants, January 10, 2024, 11:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Wonder if the Commanders will make him Landon Collins II.

madbadger

He was a dead man walking the second Schoen gave Jones that absurd extension. Too many free agents, too many spots to fill and not enough cap space to pay him what the market will command. I was watching a clip on YouTube saying the franchise tag for a safety will be in them $17 million range.

spiderblue43

Wary of him always since that stupid vacation injury last year. He's a dog with fleas when he gets paid. Later. :Giants:

MightyGiants

The franchise tag for a safety is likely going to be $15 million and change.  Is anyone interested in tagging him?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Just when I start liking this guy again, he always says/does/tweets something that bothers me. Have been through this cycle multiple times with him.

I do think he's a good player, but $15mm tag for a good if unspectacular safety? No thanks.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 10, 2024, 02:45:27 PMJust when I start liking this guy again, he always says/does/tweets something that bothers me. Have been through this cycle multiple times with him.

I do think he's a good player, but $15mm tag for a good if unspectacular safety? No thanks.

I don't hold it against any player trying to make as much money as they can.   NFL careers are short and can end very unexpectedly and with life-long health consequences.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 10, 2024, 02:45:27 PMJust when I start liking this guy again, he always says/does/tweets something that bothers me. Have been through this cycle multiple times with him.

Completely agree. Spending elite money on a safety is almost always the wrong decision, with VERY few exceptions (Polamalu, Reed).

The top 5 highest paid safeties (James, Fitzpatrick, Adams, Bates, Smith) are all better than McKinney, and not a single one of them is worth their contract.

AZGiantFan

Is it too soon to paraphrase the theatrical line and say, "break a hand"?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

GordonGekko80