News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Fire ST Coordinator and OL Coach

Started by killarich, January 08, 2024, 08:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2024, 08:57:55 AMI am doing a Snoopy Dance to this news! Now we can fix the line and ST.

I am still stunned no one will discuss whether the poor tackling on defense is on the players or the coaching.

Excellent point Toomer

y_so_blu

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 08, 2024, 08:39:55 AMThe Giants need to set the market for O-line coach pay.  The biggest thing the Giants can do in terms of improvement is acquire a top-notch offensive line coach.
Personally I'd call up Dante Scarnecchia and pay him whatever he wants to come out of retirement. He's one of the best the game has ever seen, and Daboll at least knows him.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: y_so_blu on January 08, 2024, 07:12:13 PMPersonally I'd call up Dante Scarnecchia and pay him whatever he wants to come out of retirement. He's one of the best the game has ever seen, and Daboll at least knows him.

He turns 76 in a few weeks and hasn't coached in four or five years, so I wouldn't hang my hat on that one.

Also "pay him whatever he wants" is not part of Mara's vocabulary.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 08, 2024, 07:32:19 PMAlso "pay him whatever he wants" is not part of Mara's vocabulary.

No but I get the impression it's part of Tish's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

AZGiantFan

It will be interesting to see if they get picked up by other teams.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll