News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wink "resigns" from the Giants

Started by MightyGiants, January 08, 2024, 03:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

I wish he was staying, but he ain't so, I like the idea of Pierce, although I don't think LV let's him go.
And it may be crazy but yes, bring BB back to the Giants and let him run the Defense!!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jclayton92

Completely on board with this. Wink doesn't put his players in the best place to succeed. It's scheme over talent. I'd much rather have someone that's going to put thibs, Lawrence etc in a position to get after the QB.

Our Defense has a lot of good pieces, we should be able to attract a quality DC as people know they can thrive with that Defense.

Slugsy-Narrows

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 04:13:00 PMwe are in deep doo doo

no Wink, The poster boy likely returning, the Boy Scout QB returning

Ughhhhhh

I see 0-17 as a possibility

what happened to Chicago after Buddy Ryan left?

They are still reeling 45 yrs later
Did you have an episode? Didn't you just start a thread yesterday saying we were the ascending team in the NFCEast?

Jclayton92

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 08, 2024, 04:55:03 PMhttps://x.com/TheDougRush/status/1744461273746596068

He always ran good D's if I remember correctly
Pierce, Frazier, and the Michigan DC would be my top 3 replacements.

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 04:13:00 PMwe are in deep doo doo

no Wink, The poster boy likely returning, the Boy Scout QB returning

Ughhhhhh

I see 0-17 as a possibility

what happened to Chicago after Buddy Ryan left?

They are still reeling 45 yrs later
In more recent events, what happened to Baltimore 2 years after Wink left?

I don't have the numbers but I'd like to see Baltimore's defensive rankings in Wink's last 2 years there and the 2 years since he's been gone.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Doc16LT56

29th and 27th in run defense the last two years. And that's with a ton of cap invested in Dex, Leo and Okereke. I respect Wink and his body of work but I'm okay with losing him at this point. Not to mention two resignations in three years is also a red flag.

On another note, people here don't actually believe Belichick would take a coordinator role, right?

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 08, 2024, 04:56:32 PMDid you have an episode? Didn't you just start a thread yesterday saying we were the ascending team in the NFCEast?
Yeah, it's very confusing. There was another poster like this a couple years ago. Blanking on his screen name.

uconnjack8

Quote from: T200 on January 08, 2024, 05:00:20 PMIn more recent events, what happened to Baltimore 2 years after Wink left?

I don't have the numbers but I'd like to see Baltimore's defensive rankings in Wink's last 2 years there and the 2 years since he's been gone.

2020 - 2nd overall 18.9 pts/game
2021 - 19th overall 23.1 pts/game

2022 - 3rd overall  18.5 pts/game
2023 - 1st overall  16.5 pts/game

Which year was the Covid year?  That was an anomaly.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on January 08, 2024, 05:00:20 PMIn more recent events, what happened to Baltimore 2 years after Wink left?

In Wink's four years in Baltimore they were 1st, 4th, 7th and 25th in defense. The last two years they were 9th and now 6th.

It's actually ridiculous how consistently good Baltimore is on defense despite completely turning over the roster.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 08, 2024, 05:03:11 PMYeah, it's very confusing. There was another poster like this a couple years ago. Blanking on his screen name.

CruzMissile?

Doc16LT56

killarich

Ok now that Wink is gone and I'm over it

I want Pierce

uconnjack8

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 08, 2024, 05:10:23 PMIn Wink's four years in Baltimore they were 1st, 4th, 7th and 25th in defense. The last two years they were 9th and now 6th.

It's actually ridiculous how consistently good Baltimore is on defense despite completely turning over the roster.

Best run organization in the NFL today IMO.