News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Last minute Drake Maye rumors

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 04:36:01 PMExactly. Do you think the Giants going into their 100 year anniversary will make them more likely or less likely to make a move? Or be a non-factor?
I never thought of that. It could be a factor for the owners.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

My dream scenario is us being offered and accepting the Denver trade that's been reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

B1GBLUE

if he's there at 6...so be it. I will not be happy if we give up the house to trade up, for any of these guys. we have 6 picks and holes everywhere. gotta make them count. my money is still on odunze.

AZGiantFan

Last minute rumors are renowned for their accuracy.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

spiderblue43

:knockONwood: who's there? Rumor. Rumor who? Dont You Rumormember me?  =))

Oh..yeah. :surrender:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 05:07:38 PMhttps://x.com/AlexWilsonESM/status/1783603658573107686
If I were the GM, I wouldn't. But... Schoen is the man and has much more information and knowledge from his folks than I have. If he made that move, I trust his judgment more than mine.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2024, 05:30:33 PMIt's exactly what I said it would take. Do it.
I think that's actually cheap if you hit.

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2024, 05:30:33 PMIt's exactly what I said it would take. Do it.
I don't think NE wants to trade out. They are playing games. And I don't see Arizona passing on Harrison. They lose him if they trade with Minnesota. And they already have 2 first round picks and 11 total. It's the Chargers that can blow it up for the Giants. But if they swap with the Giants they get either Odunze or Alt while Giants get McCarthy. If they swap with the Vikings they get an extra first round picks but lose Alt and Odunze. We shall see.

Just_jimmy

Agreed. Pull the trigger. No nonsense,  give the fan base the right to dream again

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 25, 2024, 04:38:32 PMI try not to pay too much heed to these "I'm hearing x team is trying to do this", but there sure is a lot of smoke with this one.

I know most Giants fans hate the idea of trading up to get a QB, but there is something to be said for "going and getting your guy" if our brass really feel passionately about him, which it sounds like they do if these reports are accurate.

Could it fail spectacularly? Sure. So can drafting the top rated left tackle 7th overall. So can any pick. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying if you have done your homework and you believe you're getting an elite talent.
Can't be any worse than doing the same thing for the 6th year in a row.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: T200 on April 25, 2024, 05:11:27 PMIf I were the GM, I wouldn't. But... Schoen is the man and has much more information and knowledge from his folks than I have. If he made that move, I trust his judgment more than mine.

I agree. Although he extended Jones, so if he only extended Jones, there's an issue in evaluation.

If we accept, as speculated on message boards, that Mara was involved in that. Fine, pull the trigger.

Joe knows he goes as far as this guy goes. So I'd be inclined to pull the trigger.