News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXGiant

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?

I live in Southlake, TX a suburb of Dallas/ Fort Worth.

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?

My whole life (44 yrs), other than a brief romance with the Vikings after Tarkenton got traded and Big Blue couldn't get out of their own way!

3)  What do you do for a living?

I am a consultant to automobile dealerships.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

I have a great wife and a son who will be 11 soon.  I am very proud of of him on a number of fronts, but for our purposes he is big Giants fan in the middle of Cowboy country.  He sticks to his guns even though he has put up with a lot of crap!

MightyGiants

QuoteI have a great wife and a son who will be 11 soon.  I am very proud of of him on a number of fronts, but for our purposes he is big Giants fan in the middle of Cowboy country.  He sticks to his guns even though he has put up with a lot of crap!

Bet its been a lot better the past couple of weeks. :D
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TXGiant

On many levels, the Cowboy game was OUR Super Bowl!  It has been very sweet, indeed, being a Giant fan in D/FW the last few weeks.

T200

I absolutely LOVE that avatar!!!  Cracks me up whenever I see it!   "That's my quarterback!"    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

jackie2008

I love the TO crying bit. I know men do cry and they get emotional. However, TO is just someone I never could stand.

I just remember that horrid loss against the 49ers in 2002, and so the crying bit and the win over Dallas is pure sweet revenge to me.

richuk

I live in Sheffield,  England and am 42 y.o. 

I have been a Giants fan since the early 80's (ugly).  I used to listen on Armed Forces radio network prior to it coming on British TV regularly in 1984.  We get a choice of live games on Sundays and all the Thursday/Saturday/Sunday and Monday night games live here, although with the 5+ hours difference this means early morning finishes regularly (worse next year as i guess the g-men will be on a lot of night games!)

I also support Man Utd (soccer) and have a season ticket for them.  If they can win the European Cup this year that would be the perfect double with the SB, it also means I will get to go to Moscow.

I work In IT for EDS

I went to the Wembley game this year and if you had told me we would win the SB after that I would have laughed at you!

Hiruma1

-In France, near Paris

-4 Years, I didn't watch American Football before

-I am a student

-NFL is not so famous in France

ozz

I live in enemy territory Dallas, TX now.  I live in Houston, TX now. Born in Hoboken, raised in Jersey City until 7th grade, then lived in Norman, Oklahoma for the next 15  or so years.

Since I can remember.  I remember dressing up as LT during Halloween in the 3rd grade.  I didn't become a diehard, follow every off-season move, read the boxscore religiously fanatic until I moved to Norman, Oklahoma and was surrounded by Cow fans.

I am an intellectual property attorney.  I am in my 2nd year of law school. I worked for 4 years as a computer programmer before that.

Diehard University of Oklahoma fan as well.  Had 50 yardline, row 25 seats for the OU-Boise St. Fiesta Bowl... in the University of Phoenix Stadium.  In about 13 months, that stadium has hosted a top 5 BCS game where my team lost and a top 5 Super Bowl where my team won.

Edit:  Updated info

rodney27

Quote from: richuk on February 07, 2008, 12:36:09 PM
I live in Sheffield,  England and am 42 y.o. 

I have been a Giants fan since the early 80's (ugly).  I used to listen on Armed Forces radio network prior to it coming on British TV regularly in 1984.  We get a choice of live games on Sundays and all the Thursday/Saturday/Sunday and Monday night games live here, although with the 5+ hours difference this means early morning finishes regularly (worse next year as i guess the g-men will be on a lot of night games!)

I also support Man Utd (soccer) and have a season ticket for them.  If they can win the European Cup this year that would be the perfect double with the SB, it also means I will get to go to Moscow.

I work In IT for EDS

I went to the Wembley game this year and if you had told me we would win the SB after that I would have laughed at you!

I think we all would have laughed at that time, Rich.
"you get more with a kind word and a gun...than just a kind word." - Al Capone

"There is no dispute that cannot be settled with the proper use of the rear naked choke". - rodney27

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli". - Peter Clemenza GF1

jayme

1. I live in Zion Grove, PA (Northeast PA)

2. Been a Giants fan since 1985

3. I am a Dental Hygienist

4. I have a wonderful husband and a German Shorthaired Pointer named Panzer.  We live out in the country (or that God-forsaken place as some of my friends call it) where Panzer has room to run.  I've only ever been to one Giants game in 1990 vs. the Bills; we lost and Phil Simms got hurt. :(

Pizbo

Austin/ San Antonio, Texas

As soon as I was born. My first "stuffed animal" was not a stuffed animal but a stuffed NY Giants football

Biology Student/ Waiter

I'm 23 and trying to finish college. Lost my father and fiance 2 years ago which really destroyed my GPA. Was trying to become a doctor but considering starting or working for a company which is involved with preventative health care. I love the Spurs but hate basketball. Have a wonderful girlfriend and a cat.

If anyone needs a highly motivated/ hard worker let me know. Waiting is the most awful thing in the world next to foreign professors.

biggiant

South Florida via Brooklyn.

IT professional.

Recently moved to South Florida (at my wife's bequest) after living most of my life in Queens then Brooklyn. I was am member of the BBWC since 2002; so, I know most of the active members here.

MightyGiants

Welcome Big Giant!   I think you will find that this place is very much like the way BBWC used to be.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Also welcome BigGiant. Another NY leaves the nest. Where in queens did you live. I lived in Rosedale for about 18 years before I moved to LI. Many here know you, post on the main board and let all welcome you here.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

SonofMojo40

Hi to all,

1. What part of the country do you live in?

I live in Kissimmee, FL. A few miles south of Orlando. via Ft. Myers ('01-'04), via Schenectady/Scotia, NY.

2. How long have you been a Giants fan?

For as long as I can remember. My guess would be ever since 1984, only because I remember watching the SuperBowl against the Broncos fairly vividly.

3. What do I do for a living?

I currently am a full time student at Florida Christian College, majoring in Counseling/Bible. I also work full time with the City of St. Cloud/Hopkins Park. I run a teen summer camp. I also work part time for my church as an associate minister.

4. Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

I have been with my beautiful wife Misty for nearly 12 years, and we've been married for 6. I have four children; Cheyenne (11), Gracie (9), Aj (7), and Emmalee (5). I have been sober for a little over 6 years now. I coach all of my children's flag football teams, I coach/play on my college's flag football team, and play on my church's softball team. I've been playing basketball ever since I was 7 and eventhough I'm a little older now (31), I can still play with anyone.  I've been a Christian for only 6 years and have a very long way to go. I lead a D-group on Wednesday nights for married couples. I have 2 years left in school, and am possibly moving to either Lincoln, Illinois or Cincinnati, Ohio in 2010 to go to school for my Master's Degree in Counseling. My family and I have a Wii, and my kids think I am the Super Mario Grand Master because I can beat all of the games  :laugh: My family is my life, and ever since being sober I have realized how detrimental my drinking was to my family early on. I love playing chess, and being a member here at the GC.

"I have been blessed throughout my life right from the start and those blessings were given to me from God" (Mojo40).

Peace to all,
In Christ,
Aaron