News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki: With Barry Cofield likely to command too much interest on the free-agent market, the Giants found an explosive penetrator who could replace him. Austin possesses first-round athletic traits and explosive inside-rush ability. He didn't play as a senior for violating NCAA regulations and has marginal football character. However, Tom Coughlin does an excellent job getting the most out of his players, and if he can keep Austin in line the Giants could come away with a very disruptive interior force well-suited for Perry Fewell's defense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_ylt=Ao_Hq3kgmOZa3q_89ftMkaLXb6x_?round=2
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stugots

Maybe if we were allowed to put 10 D Linemen on the field at once I would be more satisfied with these last couple of drafts.

NYSPORTS

Giants will be running a 5-2-4 defense (with two hybrid DE at linebacker)

Tuck-Austin-Canty-JPP-Osi

Kiwi (lb) Sintim (lb)

Prince, Webster, Thomas, Rolle

GiantFan67

I'm mystified. I guess our OL and linebacker situation is not a problem. /??? /??? /???

bamagiantfan

Quote from: GiantFan67 on April 29, 2011, 08:31:20 PM
I'm mystified. I guess our OL and linebacker situation is not a problem. /??? /??? /???

No. It is not.

Not that anyone is listening.

DT was the biggest need going into the draft. I LOVE today's first pick.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Uni

We missed the playoffs because of bad losses due to defensive collapses. 

troyfan

Quote from: NYSPORTS on April 29, 2011, 08:23:45 PM

Kiwi (lb) Sintim (lb)

That's a joke, right PSU?  If not, it's going to take more than 9 guys to hide those two LBs.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

Hooper74

Quote from: NYSPORTS on April 29, 2011, 08:23:45 PM

Kiwi (lb) Sintim (lb)

How many teams have you ever seen run a five man line? Why do people continue to think the Giants are going to reinvent the wheel defensively every year?

LennG

Times sure have changed. When Wellington was here, we never would have even had a guy like this on our draft board. We always took pride in the Giants steering away from problem like this BEFORE they even suit up.

Talent aside, is this where we now are?????????????/
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

babywhales

Quote from: LennG on April 29, 2011, 09:32:54 PM

Times sure have changed. When Wellington was here, we never would have even had a guy like this on our draft board. We always took pride in the Giants steering away from problem like this BEFORE they even suit up.

He signed Collins who was nothing short of a head case.  

They researched it and w
Felt it safe.  
I assume they did the same here.

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

MightyGiants

Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki: The Giants face a loss of Steve Smith and Derek Hagan, both of whom could depart in free agency. Jernigan could fill the slot role where Smith has been so effective while also bringing a spark to the return game.

Russ Lande:

I first noticed Jernigan when I was evaluating Troy
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

troyfan

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

madbadger

Quote from: LennG on April 29, 2011, 09:32:54 PM

LT (drug abuse), Dave Meggitt (rape), Jerimiah Parker (murdering a child), Christian Peter (rape), Keith Hamilton (drug abuse), David Tyree (drug dealing), Tito Wooten (choking and beating his then girlfriend), et alia. We drafted/signed guys during Wellington's era that make Marvin Austin look like a choir boy.

NYSPORTS