News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troyfan

You never know.  Has special teams written all over him.  It doesn't take much to upgrade the incumbents and any upgrade would be welcome.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

McGIANTS

"He's an incredibly unselfish young man. I don't know that I've ever been around anybody as committed as he is, with the heart he has," Holtz told the paper. "I hope my son grows up to be like Jacquian Williams. I feel that strongly about him as a young man."

I can see why Coughlin would want him. Discipline.

vette5573

troyfan

Problem is, if he contributes at all it will be on specials and 4.6 or whatever is only OK for that.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

McGIANTS

As a Hawkeye fan I think this is a great pick considering they got him in the 6th round. I don't know how he'll do in the NFL but he was pretty good with Iowa, from what I can remember, anyway.

troyfan

Nice video, Vette.  Fast, but straight line fast.  Looks like some receiveing skills.  I'd like to see how he does when defenders actually touch him.

I wonder what it's like to run that fast.

vette5573

The pass catching ability made my eyes light up. Interesting pick.

troyfan

Maybe he'll coach someday.  Didn't see him do anything except clean up bad plays.

McGIANTS

Quote from: Hooper74 on April 30, 2011, 01:29:44 PM
Injury prone, inexperienced, non nasty, non aggressive, questionable competitiveness and sounds like he's going to get flagged for holding on a regular basis and he's not a drive blocker. Score. I give everyone a shot, but, this reads like they drafted a career backup no better.

I think this pick is rather upsetting. As you said, injury prone and inexperienced. The Giants already have an offensive line full of guys with previous or current injuries and then they draft another who missed significant playing time due to injuries. Surely they could've found a more suitable pick to sub for an aging OL. Doesn't sound like one of JR's better picks.

NYSPORTS

According to Ralphie V, Williams apparently weighed in at 235lbs

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2011, 08:09:42 PM
From Russ Lande

Scott is a three-year starter at RB for the Terrapins in 2010. However, he played in a 3-man rotation & finished as only their 2nd leading rusher this season. He has adequate size with some growth potential to develop for the position at the NFL level. He is an explosive, straight-line athlete with outstanding long speed, acceleration, & big-play potential to consider as a pro prospect. However, he shows marginal lateral quickness, cod ability, & elusiveness to be anything more than a back-up, role player at the next level. He is not a naturally instinctive runner; more like a track star playing football. He appears to run with blinders on, often missing the chance to cutback or bounce a ball outside. He is most effective in their offense, when he can make one cut, follow his FB, & accelerate up-field. He doesn
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

So glad that early in the draft we got a tiny WR to work out of the slot who is quick, explosive, and returns kicks.  Welcome to the G-men Sinori....  huh?  wha?  What year is this?   Redfaced

MightyGiants

MEDIA Q&A WITH GENERAL MANAGER JERRY REESE: (Video) Jacquian Williams
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

MEDIA Q&A WITH GENERAL MANAGER JERRY REESE: (Video) Da
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE