News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: todge on May 01, 2011, 01:22:33 PM
In the Sporting News - NFL Draft Preview edition - Russ Lande assigned the "best" label to Prince in the following categories:

Zone Coverage - Amukumara
vs. the Runn - Amukumara

I still think he fell in the Draft due to incredible reaching for the QB position.  Every player has "negatives" - there are no exceptions - so I don't buy the whole soft because he is Nigerian garbage.  He is labeled as the most physical CB in this Draft - so where is the legitimacy in that claim?

But I do think it might have been his dad, the King, who sent me a letter about $23,000,000 he was trying to get out of Nigeria into the US and if I helped him by sending him all of my banking information I would get half of it.  LOL
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

His false steps will result in more big plays for the offense than it ever did in college, so he's going to have to get  better with anticipation and route recognition. I suppose you think that's an Amukamara reference. The fact is it's someone's notion of a chink in the glistening armor of one Patrick Peterson. If you are of a mind, you can find a negative to cherry-pick for every player in the Draft, or already in the NFL for that matter.

I share Todge's view; I think what he has said is accurate and appropriate. The Giants got themselves a player at 19 who was ranked among the Top 10 in the Draft irrespective of position, and for good reason. Is that a problem?

Cheers!

Chris

After getting over the "who?" aspect of the pick, I like it. Young, fast, athletic. If he only contributes on ST that's fine.

londonblue

I doubt that Todge. Goff knows the system inside out and has a whole season starting at the NFL level to a more or less acceptable standard The coaching staff obviously respect him and that counts for far more than any of our doubts. With the impact of the labour dispute making it harder for rookies Jones is more likely to end up on the Practice Squad because he can't get ahead of Dillard and Blackburn than he is to be starting . His first order of business should simply be to make the team, doing whatever it takes to make that happen and that might well mean auditioning at SAM.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Webster29

Yes I understand that anyone can look good in a highlite film BUT if this kid Scott and Jernigan can come anywheres close to what these films show our Giants offense could end up being an awful lot of fun to watch.  A cloud of dust and they are gone.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Uni

Uni

It sounds like he has all the physical tools to be an elite LT. With the proper coaching, he could be the LT of the future.

worf49

The image of De sea Jackson taunting us in our own ballpark and running parallel to the goal line should be more than enough incentive to make Special Teams a major priority.

It appears JR did just that.

Uni

Quote from: PSUBeirut on May 01, 2011, 12:25:07 PMPSU just sent their all-time leading rusher to the Redskins in the 6th round.  This is a guy who amassed more yards than Curt Warner, Ki-Jana Carter, Lydell Mitchell, Lenny Moore, Curtis Enis, Larry Johnson, Blair Thomas....  Anyway, records can be deceiving and are not great indicators of future NFL success.
Definitely not for PSU RBs. But normally, they are something to go on.

Chris

Bulluck is a FA, Blackburn is a FA, Wilks is a FA. I think Jones has a good shot of making the team, if for nothing but depth purposes.

Goff's rookie contract expires in 2012. Do we extend him or is he viewed as a stopgap?

Gmo11

DeSean Jackson is a 4.2 40 guy, and while I'm not a fan of using that particular test as the be all end all of evaluation like Al Davis does, it does show some separation when comparing him to Jerrigan who was a 4.4 speed.  Big difference from being the fastest guy on the football field to being one of the fastest guys on the football field.

GiantFan67

Todge-Jackson is taller-5'10" and weighs 175. JJ is 5' 8" and weighs 181. Pretty much a tie insofar  as size is concerned.

Slick

How many household names go in the 6th and 7th rounds? As Reese said about the last pick,he hopes to catch lightening in a bottle. Surely one can hope for a good catch in the late rounds,but it shouldn't be something that's expected. Just let them play and see what happens.

I do have faith that the Giants landed two 6th rounders in Jones and Sash that will definitely help the team in a big way. If two out of four of the last picks become valuable,that's damn good drafting. Anything more than that is a huge serving of gravy.

Slick

Jones will be picked off the practice squad,which is a complete farce, as soon as teams are allowed to raid it.

vette5573

=))
Quote from: CAGiantFan on May 01, 2011, 01:55:47 PM
But I do think it might have been his dad, the King, who sent me a letter about $23,000,000 he was trying to get out of Nigeria into the US and if I helped him by sending him all of my banking information I would get half of it.  LOL

Now that's funny, thanks I needed a good chuckle.