News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

files58

vette5573

Quote from: dasher on May 02, 2011, 09:25:07 AM
Ed,
Time for me to express my manlove for free agent tobe Barrett Ruud again? Or is he not a good fit since a Mike and I need to keep my emotions in check?
dasher

I think you need to ask the Grizz what he did to land a Cornerback as the first pick of the draft. It might have been a prayer, maybe he lit a candle or it could just be he has an Angel in Heaven giving him loving support. I like to think it's the Angel. Perhaps he can put in a good word for you.

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

President Rick

at 211, not so small.  I see him as another AB, whether we res-gn AB or not [I hope we do].  if he can catch the ball consistently it opens some dimensions for Eli that we really haven't exploited since tiki's days;, and a possible second slot receiver shifting out of the backfield on 3rd down.  we had a kid from Maryland a few years ago [DB?] but he didn't make the team.  I'll be excitted to see Scott at camp [you guys too...LOL].  Go Giants
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

todge

I believe they are looking at him for ORT and then as a swing tackle to take over once Kareem retires or gets injured.  Beatty is being earmarked for OLT unless he bombs out in Training Camp.

todge

Teams very rarely stash Draft picks on the Practice Squad.  Therefore it is highly unlikely they would put Jones there.  This team is so LB-starved that it is pretty much a no-brainer that Jones makes the team this year.

todge

I find it interesting that many of you compare Jernigan to Moss only because they are both "small".  That's like saying Ramses Barden is just like Plax because they are both tall.  I think we need to measure football players on how they play the game ... not on their size. 

As to the schools they went to as another barometer - Jerry Rice went to Mississippi Valley State.  That year, there were plenty of Big Ten and SEC players that bombed in the NFL.  It's not the school you go to, once again, it's the player you are regardless of competition.

I saw Jernigan play several times this year and last.  He was easily the best offensive player on the field.  The Draft is a crapshoot - yes indeed.  But I would be very surprised if Jernigan doesn't start in the slot this year and becomes one of the Giants' best offensive players.

Dumpster Dan

Todge

I saw him play as well--he is a helluva offensive weapon--but as I said yesterday--just having him on Special Teams will be enough for me to start--I know I am repeating myself but how many times last year did we bitch and complain about lousy field position because we had NO return game--this kid can change that in a hurry.

And as I said yesterday--the comparison to Moss is fair in size only--even though I believe this kid is a good 10 lbs heavier--this kid does not go down with just being touched--he is a "hard" runner--if that is a proper football term--

So I am willing to wait for camp and the first exhibition game to see if my take on this kid is as good then as it is today

Fladan

Jaime

Jaime

When (IF) the new BA gets done, one of the changes will be rules re; PS. Players on PS's will be protected so the investment in a particular Player won't go out the window just so somebody can pick his brain. Teams reportedly will be able to stash players there without losing them with zero compensation.

Chris, good get re; LB FA. Ciao dudes.

Question: How is Jones such a "Steal"? We took him @ # 185 overall. He was projected @ # 142 overall.

Jaime

Read they want Brewer to GAIN 15 - 20 lbs.
Currently strictly RT.
Remember how Koets was manhandled his Rook Camp?
Got a feelin' this kid will be some of the same. He sports potential, so let's coach him up & be patient.

Chris

Quote from: Jaime on May 02, 2011, 02:08:29 PM
Question: How is Jones such a "Steal"? We took him @ # 185 overall. He was projected @ # 142 overall.

Who was projecting him at 142, Jaime? I saw him as high as 73rd and most spots had him slotted as a third or fourth rounder.

Jaime

Jaime

Was on the phone with my Giant's bud, when our 2nd Rd. selection popped up.
1st words out of my mouth, ciao for Cofield!

bigbluein, agree 100%