News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Annual BBQ and Get Together 2012

Started by vette5573, June 07, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

YES, I'll help!!!  I'll be getting there Friday at about 1 PM for the practice session.  How about shopping Saturday morning before the 1 PM practice.  Or, whatever.  I also think we should send the money to George BEFORE that weekend & after we get the count on July 4th.  I'm figuring something like $10/person, just off the top of my head.  And, YES, we bring our own beer, alcohol (to share with others if we wish).

BTW, Bill, I'll bring a refill of Shipyard for you. :ok:

zephirus

Sorry, don't feel like reading through all these responses.  Was a final decision ever made on when the BBQ will be?

MightyGiants

Quote from: zephirus on June 20, 2012, 10:59:46 AM
Sorry, don't feel like reading through all these responses.  Was a final decision ever made on when the BBQ will be?

there is a dinner for anyone in Albany on Friday night, an early supper after practice on Saturday (called a Lupper or Linner) and the BBQ on Sunday
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I will probably be arriving either late Sat afternoon or early evening.

If I may ask, is anything being planned for Sat nite??. You mentioned an early Sat supper. Why can't we have a dinner on Saturday night also for those that want it. If it's just me that would like dinner, then go with what you all plan. I know after a long drive, i would like to refresh and have a nice dinner with friends.

Is this, at all, possible?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jaime

Lenn, theee buzz is there's an event planned for Sat. nite.
Bring alot of dollar bills... <:-P

jimv

Lenny, the Best Western on Western Ave had an outbreak of Legionnaire's Disease.  Guys are steering clear of it.  I question having an "early supper" on Saturday.  Personally, I'd prefer Dinner because it'll give Marie & me a chance to get to Mass in the afternoon.  I'd just as soon set up dinner Saturday just like Friday.  What does anybody else say?

jimv

giantsguy

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the kind words.

Ok, let's do this.  Anyone who wants to bring food for the BBQ that's fine, no problem.  We can try to determine ahead of time what else will be needed.  I will be happy to front the money and those who are going to 'kick-in' can just pay me on Sunday.  I'm in between two large grocery stores so shopping is no problem.  I am taking Friday off to do so some preparation and will attend the dinner on Friday night hoping Shelley will attend as well, not sure about Saturday night yet.

I really don't mind doing some shopping, it's really no big deal.  The only thing we need to think about is I have limited refrigerator and freezer space.  I can get the paper goods, ice, soda, juice, etc.  We can always go shopping first thing Sunday morning for anyone who needs meats etc.  I'll also pickup those flavored ice things for the kids [well, grownups can have some too] !!

Is NOON time ok for everyone on Sunday???

Let me know what else I can do. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

jimv

NOON is GREAT for Paul & me!!!  I'm still available to help shop.

Bill Brown

Noon sounds good for Louise and I.  I'll get in touch with you soon George.

Thanks

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

vette5573

Jim, we can do Dinner on Saturday night instead, how is 5-6 pm?

jimv

I'm getting together Bill (ps11yat14) and his wife Louise along with Paul & his wife Joyce and Lenny for Sat night dinner.  6 PM sounds good right now.

Jaime