News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Weekend Pictures and stories (consolidated)

Started by vette5573, August 03, 2012, 03:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: ElioverPeyton on August 07, 2012, 03:32:44 PM
Mighty is that you on the right....

I can see that sort of mistake happening.    :laugh:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

as long as no one mistook you for Jim Fassel II
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Yes sir that is yours truly, with MR Bradshaw. I'm the one with the boney knees, grey hair. And I told Mr Bradshaw one of my famous jokes, you see he is laughing.

Oh, if anyone can see this dude in the background. he had the best jersey I had ever seen. On the front it said 'The Catch I" and it was a caricature of the Tyree catch. On the back it said, 'The Catch II" and it had a caricature of the Manningham catch.

Don't know who this guy was, but several players knew him.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Dennis

If not Eli's autograph, jewelry is always the next best thing, especially diamonds.  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on August 07, 2012, 05:26:39 PM

With the mustache and the hat they might be more likely to say Kevin Gilbride
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

vette5573

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 07, 2012, 05:55:43 PM
Quote from: LennG on August 07, 2012, 05:26:39 PM

With the mustache and the hat they might be more likely to say Kevin Gilbride

That would be a huge compliment.

jimv

Hey, you guys are making me wish I hadn't sat under the trees.

LennG

Charlie Weiss

giantsguy

Rich, I hope you got Henry's verbal agreement to attend next year's BBHBBQ !!!
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

giantsguy

EOP, all kids are welcome...  Of course, sometimes the parents need a break as well, I surely understand that !!   :laugh: 

In any case, I think you will find these are some of the warmest, nicest people you will meet on any sports site and we certainly would welcome you and your family to our get-togethers wherever they may be.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

murderhill

Quote from: LennG on August 07, 2012, 05:36:18 PM
Dennis

If not Eli's autograph, jewelry is always the next best thing, especially diamonds.  :yes: :yes: :yes:
Len, in 40 years of marriage (and maybe a couple more in cohabitation) I have botched more of my wife's birthdays than I care to remember.  It's a sore point.  I thought that this was going to be one of the best ever.  Never thought of diamonds, but diamonds really doesn't do it for her.  The truth is that my wife Karen is totally infatuated with Eli.  She Googles him every day like we Google the Giants. 

Our daughter Caitlin, who thinks that our infatuation with the Giants and Eli is silly at best, has offered to me to take the day off, go down to Albany and wait at the fence for as long as it takes on the 14Th until he shows up on the chance that he he might be willing/available to sign the shirt I bought for Karen.  He is supposed to be signing that day.  She understands that it is silly but she knows how important this is to me that I get this right.  Eli doesn't mean very much to me, but my wife means everthing in the world to me.  I just would like to get this right for Karen (and myself as well).

You know that I lived in the Bronx when Y. A. Title and Del Shofner came to NY.  Maybe they would remember that 1st day of training camp I was there at Fordham U. to see them.  I was 10 or 11.  There was complete, unregulated access to players back then and there weren't crowds of people pressed up against fences begging for signatures either.  Y.A. knocked the stack of cards I had in my hand onto the road we were on and Del Shofner directed traffic around us while Y. A. helped me pick the cards back up.  I was shoulder to shoulder with Y. A. Tittle in 1961, he was on one knee next to me and completely apologetic and humble.  That was one hell of a moment for a kid who loved the Giants so much back then.

If anybody knows how to get Eli to sign this damn jersey, please let me know.

vette5573

Ask Jaime, he seems to know. Just have a handcuff key in your back pocket.

ElioverPeyton

My Profile Pic reads: "Just Let me know if that Brady kid gives you any More trouble and I'll handle it for you".

vette5573

In order to keep everything tacked up for the rest of the week, we consolidated the entire weekend into one thread.

bigweeze

Great Picnic.  Great people.  Thank you for having us.
Randy, Mary, Mr. Tounge and his parents.