News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Weekend Pictures and stories (consolidated)

Started by vette5573, August 03, 2012, 03:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Great pix, Lenny! :ok:  BTW, it's a good thing that doris came;  that way we know somebody in the family is good looking! =)) =))

todge

Quote from: ElioverPeyton on August 06, 2012, 01:41:04 PM
Looks like you all had a great time!

Since I'm new hear I was curious, did you all know each other before BBH or you all know each other because of BBH? One of these days I would like to take my son up there for a weekend.

I have been posting for years (much to the chagrin of many!!) over at the old Board and now at this site.   I finally made it to Albany and had a great time meeting these guys.  I will definitely be returning, so I only hope I can meet more of my fellow posters next year.

jimv

Nice shots, Lenny.  I could've done without one, though.  How come you didn't get one of Patty?

vette5573

Since I'm new hear I was curious, did you all know each other before BBH or you all know each other because of BBH? One of these days I would like to take my son up there for a weekend.

Todge and BobinPa never met anyone before. I knew everyone except a few of the wives.  Strange thing is the first time any if us met, it wasn't awkward at all. Everyone just seemed to gel well.

Please, join us. If you can get to a tailgate, you're welcome of course too.

I would guess that about 40 members have met up with at least one other member and 25 have met several.

None of these guys bite.

LennG

Jim

As I said, it was hard with the umbrella in one hand and trying to hold my balance on the top of the bleachers. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Patti was more interested in talking with  Henry's parents than having her pix taken.

So if anyone is interested, I was sitting next to Rick and his lovely wife and they were sitting next to Henry Hynoski's parents, chatting away. They invited them and Henry to the BBQ, but alas Henry had already made plans to go to Saratoga. (See Terry, you would have had company up there). After Rich left, Patti Traina came over and had a nice chat with the parents also. After the session, our fearless leader happen to have on his Hynoski t-shirt and Henry's parents saw this and loved it. To add to that, Henry himself came over saw the shirt and insisted that Rich take a pix with him. :yes: :yes: :yes:

We're waiting Rich :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

I would also like to give a big Thank You to Ed.  He is the lead man on these outings.  He is the one who organizes and does the grunt work for getting the dinner reservations and communicating to all of us what the plans are.  Without Ed, we would all still be wandering around trying to fiqure out where we should go for dinner.

Bill & Louise
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

giantsguy

Quote from: vette on August 06, 2012, 04:31:27 PM
I know we touched on this, but the wives on this trip all seemed to get along very, very well. They even rotated their time with each other. To me that was the most impressive thing about this weekend. Shelley, Joyce and Doris never ever attended a prior event, yet I would bet they would all like to get together for a girl's night out and feel very comfortable.

Very impressive.

As I touched on before Ed, Shelley said later that night that her biggest regret of the entire day was that she wasn't able to visit more with all the ladies.  You're right, I think these ladies would have a great night out together. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

giantsguy

Quote from: ps11yat14 on August 06, 2012, 06:17:52 PM
I would also like to give a big Thank You to Ed.  He is the lead man on these outings.  He is the one who organizes and does the grunt work for getting the dinner reservations and communicating to all of us what the plans are.  Without Ed, we would all still be wandering around trying to fiqure out where we should go for dinner.

Bill & Louise

+1
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

LennG

Absolutely. Very well said Bill.

I do apologize for not including Ed in my Thank You  post.

Ed, as Bill said, without your leadership, we probably would have ended up in a Subway shop some where for dinner. Thank you for all your efforts that helped make this weekend a huge success.

Ed-- :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Thanks a lot Jim.

For your 81 st birthday, I'm getting you a signed and sealed 8x10 of big #13 himself.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

To sort of echo what Ed said, and to answer your question, many of us started on another giants board, and thru that we started forming friendships. I was one of the first to venture to Albany, meeting with just 2-3 guys the first year. second year we added several more and by the 3rd year we were sort of tailgating in the parking lot. After that we started organizing a BBQ, with families and even with ex Giants as guests.
We can now travel throughout most of this country and have a friend near by. From Florida to Maine, from NY to California to Wisconsin to Texas to Montreal and even to London, we have members of our little family.

And as Ed said, try to join us for something. Once you do, you will be hooked,a ndf you get to see your Giants in action.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

Thank you Gentlemen, my pleasure.

jimv

I want to THANK EVERYONE for the very warm Birthday greetings and the way that you ALL treated Marie & me.  You're all the GREATEST!!!!! :ok:

vette5573

Quote from: jimv on August 06, 2012, 09:21:11 PM
I want to THANK EVERYONE for the very warm Birthday greetings and the way that you ALL treated Marie & me.  You're all the GREATEST!!!!! :ok:

Like!

weeze

hey now wait a minute. that may have been the very first bbh bar b q but there was one earlier then that where i remember janinnorway, joey, gonets ,phil,slg, terry and somewhwere around here i got a group foto.........so not to rewrite history correctly again which i seem to have to do with that LENN guy constantly but lets keep the record straight. old guys, the mind sometimes starts getting soft...........
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!