News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoelessjoe

Here is one that the group liked and didn't have much in the way of suggestions.  The subject with the group was light thus the sun backlighting the lighthouse and this one.  In this one I use a single flash off camera to the left at a 45 degree angle above the subject and shot the flash through an umbrella to diffuse the light and soften the effect on the subject.  Notice how the light shapes the face with contrast and deep shadows.  If I wanted I could have used a second flash to the right at a lesser power outage then the main flash for some fill light which would have made the face look a little lighter on the subjects left.  Look at the background.  It is in a corner of the room and the light from the flash hits the one wall on the side more then the wall in the back which is darker.

Shoelessjoe

Here is the photo posted earlier with the sky being replaced and the ropes removed.  Also fixed the hat and removed a label or tag on the back of one of the pirate costumes.

Shoelessjoe

Here is another sky replacement.

Before

After image before sky replacement with edits.  I felt the changes were not realistic.

Original image with a new sky.

LennG

Well we are back from New Hampshire and give me a few days to go thru my pix and I'll put up some, I think, are really nice. We had sort of terrible weather, with rain some snow and lot's of fog, which made for some trying pixs as things always look better with a nice blue sky. That said, where we stayed, most of the color was past peak, but once we headed to the other side of the mountain, in places it was spectacular and as we drove south seemed every tree was in color. Overall, it is so hard to capture what the eye sees, but I took hundreds of pix so let me sort them out and post some for you all.

In the meantime, here are a few other pixs that I had in my folder.

Sunset in Newport, RI

In Maine, they light up the Nubel LightHouse for the Holidays

In Rockport, Mass, Motif #1, they say the most painted scene in America.

In Stockbridge, Mass, a house where Norman Rockwell spent some of his life.

Once again in Newport, RI (truly one of our favorite cities in the entire USA, really a great town)
Trinity Church with a full moon

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Love that Lighthouse pic. Can't wait to see wh at kind of shots you share from your trip!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

I am still working on some of my pixs from our time in New Hampshire so let me post a few others from my files. 

Let's just call these 'nature'  I hope I have posted any of these before. Many of my shots are similar as I try and look for certain things when we travel and when I look for, what I consider a 'good shot'. As you know from past shoots, I love close-ups of flowers, seashores, sunsets, and covered bridges. I also love seasonal shots that depict some of the seasons.

Try these out for now

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

For some reason I cannot see any of the pix that anyone put up. What has happened?????????????.

Can anyone else see any of the pix?

I went to the site to try and post a pix but I cannot get into it. What's going on here?

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I'm not having any problems see the pix. I wonder what's up?
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Believe me they weren't there for 2 days and the site that we use to put them up was down.

Glad things are back to normal.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Let's see if we can get this whole photo thing working again...
Here are some pix from my local trip to Winfrey Point in Dallas yesterday..

Unfortunately, this is about all we get for "Fall Color". It's a really small window and if you don't time it right this is about all you're left with.

John Mara

ozzie

Here are just a couple more of some "Close up" shots.

And are two inspired by Lenn's "Puzzle Boxes"

John Mara

LennG

GREAT pix Lou. I could be looking at my own pix with them.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Thank you, Lenn. I take that very much as a compliment!
Glad this thread is back to veiwing mode for everyone.

John Mara

LennG

I am still working on my pixs from our week in New Hampshire, so it will be a bit longer before I can post what I feel are a few good pix. Problem was it was overcast for most of our week and it rained 4 out of the 7 days which inhibits many pix from outstanding to OK. Nothing beats that clear blue sky.

So let me post a few other pixs I have laying around from our previous summer trip to Maine

Charlie Weiss