News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Wonderful shots Moose. We want more  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

We're in the Outer Banks of North Carolina this week, rented a place on the beach in Duck. Yesterday morning, we saw dolphins playing in the ocean.

Shrimp boat out last night.

Last night's sunset over the sound.

We always get a little bit of an air show along the beach!

One of my favorite places to shoot, especially at night, Bodie Island Lighthouse.

Star trails - 475 images over 3 1/2 hours stacked together. The light streak along the horizon is that shrimp boat.

The Moose is Loose!

Moose135

Much of the area is dog-friendly, and in Duck, dogs are permitted on the beach off-leash. Jake, our Australian Shepherd, loves playing on the beach!

The Moose is Loose!

LennG

Great shots once again. WE love OBX and I have several excellent shots of Bodie Lighthouse. Yours is the best though.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

Thank you, Lenn! We really love it here!
The Moose is Loose!

Sem

Great pics Moose. We used to vacation at the OBX back when our kids were....kids. We always stayed up in Corolla when it was just being developed. Haven't been there in years but I imagine that area is now quite over-developed. It was very quiet back in the day. Wild horses, uncrowded beaches, lots of memories.

LennG

Quote from: Sem on December 29, 2021, 08:40:45 PM
Great pics Moose. We used to vacation at the OBX back when our kids were....kids. We always stayed up in Corolla when it was just being developed. Haven't been there in years but I imagine that area is now quite over-developed. It was very quiet back in the day. Wild horses, uncrowded beaches, lots of memories.
Steve

We also remember things like that, that's why when we go, we go in February.  =)) =)) =)) =))

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

We had snow, sleet, and freezing rain on Sunday. It was the first time Jake got to play in snow, and he had a blast!

The Moose is Loose!

LennG

Love the snow 'boots'.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on January 17, 2022, 11:17:37 AM
Love the snow 'boots'.
Was just going to post the same. Love it!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Shoelessjoe

Question for the group.

I take thousands of Photos each year.  I cull them down to a select few.  I'll go out in my neighborhood or around my house and take several 100 photos for each shoot.  Of those I might get 2 or 3 that I think are good enough to work with.  In Adobe Lightroom I will import my photos and place them in folders based on year, month and day.  I then create a subject in a collection and flag them as good enough to possibly work with.  I then take those that are considered the best and rate them as a five star.  The overall collection is named say August flowers. I create 3 sub folders named Full Shoot, Picks, and Select.  I normally work on the Select photos sometimes the picks but not the others.

Would like to know how some others deal with their photos.

ozzie

Joe, you are by far so much more organized than I am. You are light years ahead of me.
I wish I could be more like that, but I don't use any sort of enhancement outside of what the camera itself can do and so I just take the pic and if it looks good, I keep it and download it onto my laptop. I have a few folders with various titles to help try and sort things out, but all very basic....
Flowers / Snow Pix / Vacations.... nothing too detailed.

Keep doing things your way. I'm jealous of how organized you are!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: Shoelessjoe on January 30, 2022, 12:38:04 AM
Question for the group.

I take thousands of Photos each year.  I cull them down to a select few.  I'll go out in my neighborhood or around my house and take several 100 photos for each shoot.  Of those I might get 2 or 3 that I think are good enough to work with.  In Adobe Lightroom I will import my photos and place them in folders based on year, month and day.  I then create a subject in a collection and flag them as good enough to possibly work with.  I then take those that are considered the best and rate them as a five star.  The overall collection is named say August flowers. I create 3 sub folders named Full Shoot, Picks, and Select.  I normally work on the Select photos sometimes the picks but not the others.

Would like to know how some others deal with their photos.

Frank

First of all, we enjoyed our dinner together last week. Just wonderful to sit and chat with you again. The table was a bit too big as we didn't have a chance to talk 'shop' too much, but, as I said then and now, I and I'm sure I can speak for our contingent here, we really enjoy your pixs and what you can do with them. Please keep posting them.

As for files, or what I do with my pix, basically nothing. That's why, when I want to look for a particular pix, it could take me an hour. If I can remember where I was when I took it and the year, I could find it quicker. Most of my pix are done while on vacations, so that's the only label I give them, where I was and the year, like New Hampshire 2021,etc. etc. 

Charlie Weiss

T200

Bump for our group photogs. It's been a while since we've seen some great shots!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

EDjohnst1981

I want to take pictures of the moon.

I have a lens that can zoom in and view the moon but it