News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Ozzie=Lou 

(Hope you don't mind me sharing this valuable info   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:)

And since you decided not to take credit for it Lou, I will still give it a shot, even if it was Rick who sold us the goods on it.  =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

=))
Quote from: LennG on December 20, 2021, 11:51:40 AM

Ozzie=Lou 

(Hope you don't mind me sharing this valuable info   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:)

And since you decided not to take credit for it Lou, I will still give it a shot, even if it was Rick who sold us the goods on it.  =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Can't believe it has been so long since someone posted here. Are we NOT watching TV these days?

Let's see what we, or I, are watching.

On Netflix, I am fully engulfed in this series, Narcos Mexico. I am finishing season 2 with one more to go. I am very much enjoying this. it is about how the Mexican drug cartel (true or not) got started and how one man is trying to unite all the smaller groups into one major cartel. Obviously, there is killing, backstabbing, and lots of action. If this is your thing, I would recommend it.

I am also gearing up for the (finally) reappearance of Ozark. I am starting to rewatch season 3 to remember where we were and let the fun begin next Friday. If anyone has not seen this series, I would recommend it to the nth degree. It is one of Netflix's best efforts and it sure took a while for it to return. Can't wait.

My wife and I are also anticipating the return of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime. It seems like forever since this series finished season 3 9about 2 years at least) and now it is back on Feb 22. Like Ozark, we will rewatch the last season. Another series that we loved.

I also watched a 2 part series, Crime Scene, the Times Square Killer. I had heard good things about the previous Crime Scene show and since I do faintly remember this crime spree, I thought I would enjoy it. It is more a documentary than anything else, and I really never got into the style of it.  Maybe for some, it just didn't do it for me.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I forgot to mention, we also watched the new movie on prime about Lucy and Desi, Being the Ricardo's, I believe on Prime.

I have to say Nicole Kidman was Lucy, really, sometimes you couldn't tell if it was her or flashbacks to the real Lucy. Javier Barden was Desi and he was pretty good, Nina Arianda was Ethel, she was also OK and JK Simmons was Fred and he was great. The ongoing battle between Ethel and Fred was hysterical. They hated each other.

So the story of how Lucy and Desi got to TV, the problems they and getting the show on, and most of all, having Lucy be pregnant on TV, which was a major thing back then. it dealt a lot with the infidelities of Desi and really made Lucy out to be an SOB as far as anything she touched, be it the show, the script, her feelings for Ethel, and her relationship with Desi. There was no doubt Lucy was the boss and she let everyone know it.

So we ALL know Lucy and Desi, but I expected more from this movie. It couldn't make up its mind to be funny, sad, drama or comedy. Without a doubt, Ms. Kidman stole the show, but overall, I'm glad I saw it, but if I were to rate it 2 1/2 stars. It misses too many amrks and I found parts very boring.

Charlie Weiss

T200

My wife and I are waiting for Ozark as well. Too bad this is the final season.

We just finished watching the new final season of Dexter. It was like seeing an old friend. The first few episodes were good but it became very predictable knowing they only did these 10 episodes to make up for the crappy way they ended the series previously. It was a better ending to the series the second time around but I wasn't happy with it.

If anyone who has already seen and finished it wants to start a separate thread for discussion so as not to reveal any spoilers here, feel free and I'll elaborate on what I liked and didn't.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on January 13, 2022, 08:02:24 PM
My wife and I are waiting for Ozark as well. Too bad this is the final season.

We just finished watching the new final season of Dexter. It was like seeing an old friend. The first few episodes were good but it became very predictable knowing they only did these 10 episodes to make up for the crappy way they ended the series previously. It was a better ending to the series the second time around but I wasn't happy with it.

If anyone who has already seen and finished it wants to start a separate thread for discussion so as not to reveal any spoilers here, feel free and I'll elaborate on what I liked and didn't.

Tim

I do not have Showtime, but I am waiting for my cable comp to do a preview weekend which they do every so often. Once I get that, I will binge-watch the new Dexter. I was and still am a HUGE fan of that show, and like most fans, were terribly disappointed in the last couple of seasons and that horrible ending.  :boooo: :boooo:

Charlie Weiss

T200

I hope it's soon, like before you come down! We can talk about it in person... I'm ready to vent lol!

GordonGekko80

I watched 'Ghostbusters Afterlife' the other day - I absolutely loved it. Got me back to the ol' days.  ;)

And to be completely honest one of my favourite duos is K Hart and D Johnson - absolutely love them in the new Jumanji movies.
The second one with Danny De Vito is even better, his humour is still very unique...

DaveBrown74

Just wrapped up "Dexter: New Blood." I was a fan of the original series, but I thought the final season was pretty weak, which left a bad taste in my mouth. So I went into this with only limited expectations, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I can report that it was EXCELLENT. I'd give at no worse than an A-. Really tense and gripping plot, very good villain, good side characters, elite acting from Michael C Hall and solid acting from everyone else, very good dialogue (particularly when Dexter is talking to himself), and just good overall flow to the plot from episode to episode. I liked the wintry, small town setting too. I can firmly recommend this series. My wife and I took it down in basically four nights.

Jolly Blue Giant

Watched the new James Bond film the other night (No Time to Die) and wasn't disappointed.

I won't spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely turning the page on any upcoming Bond films. The ending was....well, not going to spoil it. Once everyone gets to see it, I'd love some banter about the changes going on for 007
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

GordonGekko80

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 14, 2022, 09:54:14 AM
Watched the new James Bond film the other night (No Time to Die) and wasn't disappointed.

I won't spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely turning the page on any upcoming Bond films. The ending was....well, not going to spoil it. Once everyone gets to see it, I'd love some banter about the changes going on for 007

Yup. Seen it, found it to be good. And yeah, don't spoil. It's different than anything before.  ;)

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2022, 08:46:51 AM
Just wrapped up "Dexter: New Blood." I was a fan of the original series, but I thought the final season was pretty weak, which left a bad taste in my mouth. So I went into this with only limited expectations, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I can report that it was EXCELLENT. I'd give at no worse than an A-. Really tense and gripping plot, very good villain, good side characters, elite acting from Michael C Hall and solid acting from everyone else, very good dialogue (particularly when Dexter is talking to himself), and just good overall flow to the plot from episode to episode. I liked the wintry, small town setting too. I can firmly recommend this series. My wife and I took it down in basically four nights.
I'll start a thread so folks who have seen it can discuss it openly  :ok:

Sem

Quote from: T200 on January 14, 2022, 10:20:11 AM
I'll start a thread so folks who have seen it can discuss it openly  :ok:
Thank you. I haven

ozzie

This thread was getting a bit stagnant, I'm glad you revved it up again Lenn.
To be honest, I really haven't been watching much tv lately. Not sure why, I think it's just a combination of little time and less interest in what's being shown.
I did watch the Lucy & Desi movie though and my wife and I both thought about the same as you. I'd agree with your 2 1/2 rating and also agree that Nicole Kidman was just fantastic in it. She really did look, sound and act like Lucille Ball. Great job!

The one new (to me) show I have been watching is CARNIVAL ROW on Prime. I'm only 4 episodes in, but I find it interesting. It's a fantasy/sci fi/mystery thing.
Here's the synopsis from Prime:
Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne star in "Carnival Row," a Victorian fantasy world filled with mythological immigrant creatures whose rich homelands were invaded by the empires of man. This growing immigrant population struggles to coexist with humans in the grimiest section of the city -- forbidden to live, love, or fly with freedom. But even in darkness, hope lives, as a human detective, Rycroft Philostrate, and a refugee faerie named Vignette Stonemoss rekindle a dangerous affair despite an increasingly intolerant society. Vignette harbors a secret that endangers Philo's standing during his most important case yet: a string of gruesome murders threatening the uneasy peace of the Row. As Philo investigates, he reveals a monster no one could imagine

Haven't seen any of the new Dexter yet as I am not a subscriber to Showtime.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on January 14, 2022, 01:52:22 PM
This thread was getting a bit stagnant, I'm glad you revved it up again Lenn.
To be honest, I really haven't been watching much tv lately. Not sure why, I think it's just a combination of little time and less interest in what's being shown.
I did watch the Lucy & Desi movie though and my wife and I both thought about the same as you. I'd agree with your 2 1/2 rating and also agree that Nicole Kidman was just fantastic in it. She really did look, sound and act like Lucille Ball. Great job!

The one new (to me) show I have been watching is CARNIVAL ROW on Prime. I'm only 4 episodes in, but I find it interesting. It's a fantasy/sci fi/mystery thing.
Here's the synopsis from Prime:
Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne star in "Carnival Row," a Victorian fantasy world filled with mythological immigrant creatures whose rich homelands were invaded by the empires of man. This growing immigrant population struggles to coexist with humans in the grimiest section of the city -- forbidden to live, love, or fly with freedom. But even in darkness, hope lives, as a human detective, Rycroft Philostrate, and a refugee faerie named Vignette Stonemoss rekindle a dangerous affair despite an increasingly intolerant society. Vignette harbors a secret that endangers Philo's standing during his most important case yet: a string of gruesome murders threatening the uneasy peace of the Row. As Philo investigates, he reveals a monster no one could imagine

Haven't seen any of the new Dexter yet as I am not a subscriber to Showtime.

Lou

That sounds like an interesting watch. Is it made for adults rather than for teens?

Have all the episodes dropped? I like to watch a series as often as I can and not wait for an episode a week. If it is that way, I usually wait until the series has finished and then watch it at my leisure.

Charlie Weiss