News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Lenn, all of season 1 is available on Prime. It was renewed for a second season, but I don't know when that is supposed to be released.
It is aimed at adults. There is some grisly murder scene stuff along with some nudity and some lovin'. Like I said, I'm only 4 episodes in so I don't know how the rest will be but so far it is an interesting watch.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Since the second game, yesterday was a blowout, I went over to Netflix to see what I could watch instead. I saw a pop-up for a movie that sounded intriguing, ' The Colony' a SciFi movie that sort of peaked my interest.

Plot line, Earth has destroyed itself from Climate Change, people left and went to another planet, but the problem was, on this new planet they could not reproduce, so, after a few generations had passed, they sent a ship back to Earth to see if it can once again be in habited and they can reproduce the species.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6506264/

So, I sat back to enjoy wha5t I thought would be a very interesting movie. WRONG. I don't know, maybe it was me, but I just could not get into this confusing and very dark movie. Myself, I like my SciFi movies with a bit of action, or, at the very least, a storyline I can follow and not be confused every other minute. This was the latter, no real action to keep one awake and no really interesting storyline to stay alert and into the story.

I won't go into any other detail, but I would not recommend this movie unless you wanted to doze off for a couple of hours. 
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

Quote from: LennG on January 13, 2022, 06:52:16 PM
I forgot to mention, we also watched the new movie on prime about Lucy and Desi, Being the Ricardo's, I believe on Prime.
Yes, that's on Amazon Prime. We watched it a week or two ago, and really enjoyed it. Of course, I've been a fan of everything Aaron Sorkin has done, and this didn't disappoint.
The Moose is Loose!

Bill Brown

Just finished watching the new series on Amazon "Reacher"  I really enjoyed it. I have read all 21 Reacher books and have seen both movies with Tom Cruise. Love the books and enjoyed the movies but always felt Cruise was a poor choice for playing Reacher. This new series hits the mark with Alan Ritchson as Reacher because he is the real deal. If you know about Jack Reacher then I think you will like this show.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Quote from: ps11yat14 on February 05, 2022, 02:40:47 PM
Just finished watching the new series on Amazon "Reacher"  I really enjoyed it. I have read all 21 Reacher books and have seen both movies with Tom Cruise. Love the books and enjoyed the movies but always felt Cruise was a poor choice for playing Reacher. This new series hits the mark with Alan Ritchson as Reacher because he is the real deal. If you know about Jack Reacher then I think you will like this show.

Bill
What
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Bill

I saw that today and was going to start it, but I know nothing of Reacher, the books, the character etc. I never even saw the movie with Cruise, so I hesitated and decided on something else.

I started watching 'The Silent Sea' a SciFi series from Korea, on Netflix (aren't they all these days). I am 4 episodes in out of 8 and as of now, it is interesting but I expected a bit more.
It is about a mission to the Moon to recover something that was lost from a space station there, 5 years earlier. Obviously, something mysterious is happening and people start dying. Maybe a bit like Alien, but nowhere near as good. If you are a SciFi person, you would probably like this. I believe it is from the people that made Squid Games.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Watched 5 of 7 episodes of the latest season of Ozark. I

Jolly Blue Giant

I have a young girlfriend who does not share my tastes in television so I am forced to compromise a lot.

We are rewatching a really good series that we watched 4 years ago and it's still good the second time around. It's called "Imposters" and is a "major con" story

Imposters is about a pretty woman who cons people into marriage then disappears after she cleans out their bank accounts including taking out second mortgages on her new home she inherits through marriage. She works for an evil character only known as "The Doctor" who is actually a surgeon somewhere in the U.S. Everyone who works for him is terrified of him as is she. He is deadly and she is forced to do these bad things or risk certain death.

To make a long story short and without giving away too many details, three past victims of her scheme find each other and decide to search for her and get answers.

It's worth watching if you haven't seen it. It's on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpJ-_DpaUI
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Another series we watch is fairly interesting. It's called "Glades" and is a story of a detective from Chicago forced to move after some things go wrong. He chooses southern Florida near the everglades. It's light and not over the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9LU4U25UU

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 07, 2022, 09:17:23 AM
I have a young girlfriend who does not share my tastes in television so I am forced to compromise a lot.

We are rewatching a really good series that we watched 4 years ago and it's still good the second time around. It's called "Imposters" and is a "major con" story

Imposters is about a pretty woman who cons people into marriage then disappears after she cleans out their bank accounts including taking out second mortgages on her new home she inherits through marriage. She works for an evil character only known as "The Doctor" who is actually a surgeon somewhere in the U.S. Everyone who works for him is terrified of him as is she. He is deadly and she is forced to do these bad things or risk certain death.

To make a long story short and without giving away too many details, three past victims of her scheme find each other and decide to search for her and get answers.

I have mentioned it several times already, like you, my darling wife also does not share my preference for TV watching. She would be satisfied to forever watch the Hallmark Channel (Reba and Frazier also) and her life would be complete. so it is a challenge to try and find something we can both share. I have adopted, and we have watched some pretty good series over the years ( The Crown, The Maid, The Queens Gambit to name a few), but I do get bored with some of them (Jane the Virgin, This is Us), but just tough it out for the sake of love.

So my DW has shown an interest in SciFi as she was a huge fan of the original Star Trek. So, under advisement from our son, we have started watching the new version of Lost In Space. My DW has never seen the old one and I was truly never a fan, but have watched some of it when it was on, many years ago. As I said, several people, including our son told us we 'may' enjoy this new version, so we have started it. I believe it is 3 seasons long and we have watched 2 episodes from Season 1 and so far we are both a go. Has anyone watched any of this show? It has all the characters from the original show only in a much different light. The original was more on the 'light' side, while this show does not seem to be anywhere near light, so I'll keep you posted as we go along.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I just finished watching a Netflix series called "Archive 81". This is the summary from IMDb:
"When archivist Dan Turner takes a mysterious job restoring a collection of damaged videotapes from 1994, he finds himself reconstructing the work of documentary filmmaker Melody Pendras and her investigation into a dangerous cult. As Dan is drawn into Melody's story, he becomes convinced he can save her from the terrifying end she met 25 years ago."

I found this is a little slow moving at first, but as the episodes progressed I found it very enjoyable. It bounces around a bit from modern day and back to 1994 as he watches the films he is restoring. It is mostly a sci-fi / mystery storyline with Dan trying to piece together exactly what happened in the past and starts realizing his past ties into what he's restoring.
I will say it is a little bit silly in some aspects, but overall I liked it. There isn't really anything too gory in it but they do drop the "F" Bomb quite a bit in every episode.
I will also warn you the there is only one season so far, but they left things open for future seasons.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 07, 2022, 09:17:23 AM

A young girlfriend!

Lucky man!  Hope she doesn

T200

Since we're already done with Ozark S4 Part I, we decided to watch Breaking Bad. We're in S4 right now. It's definitely worth the watch. I've heard people talking about it and it doesn't disappoint!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant