News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

Quote from: LennG on September 29, 2022, 01:56:02 PMDid the mention of the 'gory scene' do it for you Steve?   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Ha!! No, I can usually deal with a bit of gore as long as it's not gratuitous. In this case the story sounds interesting in kind of a Twilight Zone type of way.

Slugsy-Narrows

Andor on Disney+ has been really good so far!

Prequel to the Prequel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

My wife and I watched the new movie "Blonde" on Netflix last night, which is a biopic about Marilyn Monroe's life. We both thought it was terrible. Run time two hours and 46 minutes too. Nearly 3 hours of our lives we'll never get back. Just incredibly boring, slow, disjointed, seemingly no point, lots of wannabe artsy-fartsy filming techniques that got old very quickly, constant screaming and crying, just truly unwatchable. Easily the worst full length movie I have seen in 2022 and probably one of the 2-3 worst of the past 5 years. I absolutely hated it.

Jolly Blue Giant

SPOILER ALERT

Released on Disney+ yesterday

Watched "Hocus Pocus 2" last night...well, the first half of it. Started out strong while going back to the 1600s in Salem with a great cast of young girls playing the Sanders' Sisters. Then when it comes back to 2022, it became a real sleeper for us. New supporting cast is super boring. Nothing like the last cast with a cocky kid from California, his sidekick girl and his adorable younger sister. No cat with a kid's soul in it and basically - very boring storyline. I'll probably try to get through the second half tonight, but I can't guarantee it. Both my girlfriend and I were excited about a sequel to the original great movie and are very disappointed. Maybe it will heat up for us, or maybe we'll never bother to finish it if it doesn't kick in pretty soon

Conclusion: :boooo:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bill Brown

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 07, 2022, 09:11:12 AMSPOILER ALERT

Released on Disney+ yesterday

Watched "Hocus Pocus 2" last night...well, the first half of it. Started out strong while going back to the 1600s in Salem with a great cast of young girls playing the Sanders' Sisters. Then when it comes back to 2022, it became a real sleeper for us. New supporting cast is super boring. Nothing like the last cast with a cocky kid from California, his sidekick girl and his adorable younger sister. No cat with a kid's soul in it and basically - very boring storyline. I'll probably try to get through the second half tonight, but I can't guarantee it. Both my girlfriend and I were excited about a sequel to the original great movie and are very disappointed. Maybe it will heat up for us, or maybe we'll never bother to finish it if it doesn't kick in pretty soon

Conclusion: :boooo:

This is on the watch list. Wife and daughter and grandson want to watch it. I wasn't that crazy about the first one but I'm not a Bette Midler fan.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Slugsy-Narrows

Upcoming shows I'm looking forward to.....

Willow on Disney+ - trailer looked good

Hellraiser on Hulu

Secret Invasion on Disney+ again trailer looked good

Wankanda Forever - movie looks amazing and is getting some great early buzz!

Yes it or can see I'm a Fantasy Adventure and Comic book geek

BTW

Lord of the Rings new season is awesome!  Must watch!

New Game of Throws - as good as the original!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 07, 2022, 06:21:08 AMMy wife and I watched the new movie "Blonde" on Netflix last night, which is a biopic about Marilyn Monroe's life. We both thought it was terrible. Run time two hours and 46 minutes too. Nearly 3 hours of our lives we'll never get back. Just incredibly boring, slow, disjointed, seemingly no point, lots of wannabe artsy-fartsy filming techniques that got old very quickly, constant screaming and crying, just truly unwatchable. Easily the worst full length movie I have seen in 2022 and probably one of the 2-3 worst of the past 5 years. I absolutely hated it.

Tell us how you really think of it Dave   =))  =))  =))  =))

Anyway, I had read terrible things about it also and was going to try and watch it anyway, now I'll find something else.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on October 07, 2022, 01:57:46 PMTell us how you really think of it Dave   =))  =))  =))  =))

Anyway, I had read terrible things about it also and was going to try and watch it anyway, now I'll find something else.

I wanted to make sure I got the message across. This wasn't one of these things that's mediocre and kind of dumb but still watchable. This was truly bad.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ps11yat14 on October 07, 2022, 09:42:47 AMThis is on the watch list. Wife and daughter and grandson want to watch it. I wasn't that crazy about the first one but I'm not a Bette Midler fan.

Bill

I suspect they will be disappointed. The first Hocus Pocus was a must watch kids' classic right up there with The Wizard of Oz, The Goonies, Sandlot, and in my opinion (FWIW), Second Hand Lions and We Bought a Zoo

Bill Brown

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 07, 2022, 03:01:22 PMI suspect they will be disappointed. The first Hocus Pocus was a must watch kids' classic right up there with The Wizard of Oz, The Goonies, Sandlot, and in my opinion (FWIW), Second Hand Lions and We Bought a Zoo

Wizard is a classic, the goonies was very good as was the sandlot. Second hand lions was really good but I could be bias because I like Robert Duvall.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Are there any Survivor fans out there?

I have watched this show from day 1 and I am still a fan of it. I don't know why, but I simply love these survival-type shows. (Hey, I have also seen all of the Naked and Afraid series) and that has been on for about 8 years now.

Don't get me wrong, I am about as far from a Survivalist as one can get, but for some reason, these types of shows just draw me in.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ps11yat14 on October 07, 2022, 05:25:22 PMWizard is a classic, the goonies was very good as was the sandlot. Second hand lions was really good but I could be bias because I like Robert Duvall.

Bill

I can't believe anyone anywhere would not like Duvall. Incredible actor, incredible person. Love the guy!

A scene from Second Hand Lions. Note: Duvall is coming home from the hospital after a heart attack... LOL

Anyone who hasn't watched this movie is missing out. 5 stars+

Jolly Blue Giant

Since I'm at it, might as well put a plug in for "We Bought a Zoo" for anyone who hasn't seen it. A feel good movie if ever there was one

DaveBrown74

I consider Duvall one of the best movie actors of all time. As successful as he has been, I never feel he has quite gotten the credit he deserves.

LennG

I fully agree, Robert Duvall still is one of my all-time favorite actors.

Many don't realize he started way back doing a Twilight Zone, as well as an old Untouchables and Rt 66 also. He was also on The Outer Limits and the original Fugitive

https://youtu.be/ZDmwc_V2-Jc

And many don't know, he played Frank Burns in the MASH movie

https://youtu.be/LXtVS8SFmJw

Maybe his most famous line from any movie--Apocolypse Now

https://youtu.be/vRp7tYWnJJs

And, for all his great and wonderful movies, my favorite movie he made was Tender Mercies

https://youtu.be/0P_Rs0RkYD4

https://youtu.be/zJ_yoFHmwDU

Charlie Weiss