News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

25 best horror villains of all time

Started by LennG, December 01, 2020, 03:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I know several here don't watch this venue of movies, but this list is pretty good including many from the distant past.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/a-ranking-of-the-25-best-horror-villains-of-all-time/ss-BB1aplRW?ocid=msedgntp

I don't know if they were in any sort of order, but, IMVHO, I would have changed the order a bit.

Plus there are some really good ones left off, like the monster from Alien (super scary), Creature From the Black Lagoon, Godzilla, or even King Kong.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Not a bad list. I would also make some changes though.
I would definitely add Robert Mitchum's Max Cady from Cape Fear.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

Some of these I don't even know.  But, I'll take the young peoples' word for it.  I'd like to add:

The ghost from "The Uninvited."  When the rose shriveled, it really scared the Hell outta me!

Captain Ahab.  IMHO, he was scarier than Moby Dick.

Mr. Hyde.

ozzie

I don't recall if they were the same story or not, but I know there were two movies with the title "The Uninvited".
1944 with Ray Milland and then another in 2009.
I recall seeing both, but to be honest, I can't remember anything about the 2009 movie. I did like the Ray Milland one, but again, it was so long ago that all I really remember is that it was a good old fashioned ghost story.
Which are you refering to Jim?
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

jimv

Quote from: ozzie on December 02, 2020, 09:06:03 AM
I don't recall if they were the same story or not, but I know there were two movies with the title "The Uninvited".
1944 with Ray Milland and then another in 2009.
I recall seeing both, but to be honest, I can't remember anything about the 2009 movie. I did like the Ray Milland one, but again, it was so long ago that all I really remember is that it was a good old fashioned ghost story.
Which are you refering to Jim?

The 1944 one.  It's available from Criterion Collection.  You can most likely get it from Amazon.

LennG

Remember the movie, Tthe Tingler, with Vincent Price. I remember going to see it in the theater and they had hooked up something that was pulled under seats in the movie theater, to scare the hell out of us. The idea was to feel something rubbing against your leg. If I am not mistaken it was Willaim Castle and his ideas.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: jimv on December 02, 2020, 11:10:50 AM

The 1944 one.  It's available from Criterion Collection.  You can most likely get it from Amazon.

Ahh, ok, Thanks.
I haven't seen that in so long, but like I said, I remember liking it a lot. I will have to check it out again.

John Mara