News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

50 mysterious underground places TO visit

Started by brownelvis54, January 06, 2021, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

LennG

Interesting places.

Many I haven't been to and probably will never get to, but I have been to some like Subway in St Petersburg, Russia, and the one in Stockholm. along with several of the ones in the USA and the ' lava tube' in Hawaii.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

brownelvis54

Quote from: LennG on January 07, 2021, 04:29:42 PM
Interesting places.

Many I haven't been to and probably will never get to, but I have been to some like Subway in St Petersburg, Russia, and the one in Stockholm. along with several of the ones in the USA and the ' lava tube' in Hawaii.

That's cool Lenn. I got to check out the Lave Tube.....the one I really would like to see is 3. Waipu Caves
The main event in New Zealand

LennG

We have traveled extensively so visiting some of these places was really cool. Personally, I am really not big on these 'caves' like Luray Caverns, Howe Caverns etc. To me, see one see them all, even though each have their own uniqueness. The lava Tubes were nice. We turned around on our own and had to wait for several official tours to go in and out before we ventured in. Really it sounds nicer than it was, but it was a different experience.
The Subway stations in Russia, particularly the ones we visited in St Peterburg were just awesome. They are deep underground and I mean deep maybe 1/4 mile. Most were prepared as underground bunkers in case of a nuclear war, but are exquisitely decorated, artwork on the walls, wonderful lighting and signs all over the place (be it in Russian) no photography.

A few of my pixs. It was hard to really get good pix as I was using a 'real' camera and trying not to get arrested. (We were on a tour)

And the Lava Tubes in Hawaii

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

brownelvis54

Thanks for sharing those pictures Lenn.....they are amazing. I heard nothing but nice things about  St Peterburg..and their architecture. Definitely on my bucket list.

LennG

Quote from: brownelvis54 on January 14, 2021, 08:42:47 PM
Thanks for sharing those pictures Lenn.....they are amazing. I heard nothing but nice things about  St Peterburg..and their architecture. Definitely on my bucket list.
Unless you are brave enough to try and get a Russian visa, the best way to get there is via a cruise, which usually stops there for 2 days and nights. That's the way we saw it and God willing, and if this darn Covid lets up, we are scheduled to go back summer of 2022.

Just a magnificent city.

Charlie Weiss

brownelvis54

Quote from: LennG on January 14, 2021, 09:44:55 PM
Unless you are brave enough to try and get a Russian visa, the best way to get there is via a cruise, which usually stops there for 2 days and nights. That's the way we saw it and God willing, and if this darn Covid lets up, we are scheduled to go back summer of 2022.

Just a magnificent city.

Thanks Lenn...( sorry for the late response..hospital busy and I had to work the evening shift due to the technologist getting covid). I have never been on a cruise...want to do the Alaska cruise. Sounds like a Russian Cruse would be cool too. And ..yes God willing Covid will die soon

LennG

Quote from: brownelvis54 on January 21, 2021, 09:23:55 PM
Thanks Lenn...( sorry for the late response..hospital busy and I had to work the evening shift due to the technologist getting covid). I have never been on a cruise...want to do the Alaska cruise. Sounds like a Russian Cruse would be cool too. And ..yes God willing Covid will die soon
We ARE Cruisers. maybe 25+ by now. Since my darling wife retired we do 2,3 maybe 4 a year and this Covis is killing us. I ain't getting any younger. If you EVER want any info on cruising, ports, ships, cruise lines, just let me know, whether on here, thru a PM, or email me.

As far as Alaska is concerned, we've done it 3 times already, we really love that area. And you had better hurry up. Many of the glaciers are melting at an alarming rate.

Charlie Weiss

brownelvis54

Quote from: LennG on January 22, 2021, 04:52:13 PM
We ARE Cruisers. maybe 25+ by now. Since my darling wife retired we do 2,3 maybe 4 a year and this Covis is killing us. I ain't getting any younger. If you EVER want any info on cruising, ports, ships, cruise lines, just let me know, whether on here, thru a PM, or email me.

As far as Alaska is concerned, we've done it 3 times already, we really love that area. And you had better hurry up. Many of the glaciers are melting at an alarming rate.

Thanks Lenn...will do( i will defiantly talk to you before booking a cruise to Alaska). God bless you and your family.