News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Doomsday Clock

Started by LennG, January 27, 2021, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

This is how close we are to the apocalypse, scientists say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/this-is-how-close-we-are-to-the-apocalypse-scientists-say/ar-BB1d9g8r?ocid=msedgntp

Believers or not, we are inching second by second, minute by minute to global catastrophe.

If you don't know what the Doomsday Clock is read this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2656051/what-is-doomsday-clock-what-2021-time/
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, please tell me that you don't actually believe all this garbage.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 27, 2021, 08:01:15 PM
Lenny, please tell me that you don't actually believe all this garbage.

Jim

Please don't tell me that you absolutely rule it out?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Painter

Assuming that Doomsday is something which should concern us rather than something hardly to be feared- I guess that's the product of a word like Doom- I don't think we are any closer than 100 seconds to Midnight today than when we first learned how to convert matter to energy. Those who have been seen as the principlal clock operators have seemed more concerned with slowing rather than accelerating as they realize that they are not exceptions.

If its all or nothing at all, do we really need to worry about it? I sure as hell don't.

Cheers!

LennG

Larry

I don't think it is 'the clock' as much as it is the world itself. With each year, each natural disaster, each pandemic, we are inch9ing closer and closer to armageddon.
I read a story about this so-called clock. They unveil it once every year and each year we get closer and closer, some years by what one might say. leaps and bounds' and other years by a snail's pace. But the thought, overall, is that we are headed for some sort of armageddon if we keep living the way we have, and I don't just mean US, this goes for the entire world. Maybe it was their way of making a point--a la Doomsday Clock.

Charlie Weiss