News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ranking your top five cuisines

Started by DaveBrown74, March 29, 2021, 04:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

How would you rank your top five favorite cuisines by country? Let's leave the USA out of this one. Which countries represent your top five non-American cuisines? Feel free to include honorable mention as well.

Here are mine:

1. Italian
2. Japanese
3. Chinese
4. Indian
5. French

Hon mention: Vietnamese, Mexican, Greek

LennG

We are under special dietary laws in the we keep Kosher in and out of our house. We di eat out and try to enjoy various cuisines from other lands, but we cannot eat any sort of shellfish or any meat, so sometimes that doesn't leave a lot on the menu.

So, if I had to rate what we like, Italian would come in #1 with a Chinese at #2, again, all on a very limited basis. Myself, I like some 'zing' in my food so I have eaten Indian food, but my darling wife, the blander the better. That's why, when we cruise, you can sample many different foods to see if you like them, which I try to do (again, under our dietary laws)

When we were in New Orleans, we had a hard time explaining to the chef that she only wanted a plain, broiled piece of fish with NO spices on it. he almost threw us out.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Spicy is my favorite cuisine  :P

I don't like hot just to be hot but I can handle it. I prefer hot with flavor. Ghost peppers are hot, but don't have a lot of flavor. Carolina Reapers are even hotter but add flavor.

I know for most people, they can't taste past the initial burn.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

I used to travel for a living while auditing suppliers so I tried a little bit of everything. Hard to list them in order, but I love:

1) Creole / Cajin (when in New Orleans or Baton Rouge)
2) Seafood (when in Boston or Maine)
3) Japanese (when in Tokyo - or locally at the Kampai in Vestal)
4) American BBQ (too many to list, I like my ribs dry or wet - favorite of all time is in downtown Minneapolis on Market Street called Market Bar-B-Que where the ribs are so good they don't even put sauce on them)
5) German (if you're ever in Springfield, Mass, definitely check out "the Fort" [as the locals call it ] actual name is "The Student Prince"). Restaurant is in an old fort left over from the Revolution and the restaurant was started by Hitler's private chef who fled Germany when he saw what was going down. Has the second largest stein collection in the world. Food is out of this world.

Not a huge Italian food guy. I like it, but I don't love it.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: