News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

HBO Series: Mare of Easttown

Started by DaveBrown74, April 25, 2021, 05:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

We just watched the first episode. Kate Winslet is the lead, and Guy Pearce is also in it. Both top notch actors. Looks like your typical high quality whodunnit muder mystery that we often get on HBO. Past examples are "The Undoing" and "The Night Of", both of which were excellent. This looks to be the another of that genre. I thought it would be worth developing a thread as we did with the Undoing, as speculating on the killer can be fun.

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks for the tip. I haven't heard of it and haven't spent a whole lot of time checking out HBO...with baseball season back, the Knicks looking like a real team, the Masters last week, and of course the upcoming draft. So many sports going on (finally) that I can get back into my old habits. Right now, my TV is on NFL Network pretty much round the clock except when games are on. And of course, today is the big wreck - I mean big race - at Talladega.

Anyway, I'm always up for a "whodunit" and HBO does a good job. I better set my DVR up to catch the show from the beginning. Again, thanks as I'm always trying to find television worthy of watching
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

My pleasure.

I can't really endorse the show yet as I have only seen one episode, but it is certainly promising and, like you, I like the genre. Plus I feel HBO does a good job with this genre. The actors are also first rate. Let's see how it unfolds.