News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Trying to Balance 1 - Climate change real but not an emergency

Started by Bob In PA, April 26, 2021, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapoleonBlownapart

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 07, 2021, 01:47:39 PM
Bob,

Lead paint is still an issue.  There are still many older homes and apartments with lead paint.  I have had meeting about childhood lead.  An oldtime health officer who is really into the issue of lead, would often opine about how the lead in gas made him and his generation less intelligent. 

Yes, lead doesn't have anything to do with Climate change, but since it was mentioned, I thought I would share what I knew about the whole led thing.   

I tried to use this as an example of change over 50 years ....I did not expect the spanish inquizition ...j/k enjoy!

MightyGiants

It's sort of funny, 20 or 30 years ago I remember either a TV or movie where one of the main plotlines was there was a secret cabal working to ensure that countries like China didn't become first world countries because the assertion was a planet didn't have the resources or capacity to handle it.   I don't remember anything else but that plot point, but oddly enough all these years later I wonder if perhaps the assertion wasn't complete fiction
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 07, 2021, 03:03:05 PM
It's sort of funny, 20 or 30 years ago I remember either a TV or movie where one of the main plotlines was there was a secret cabal working to ensure that countries like China didn't become first world countries because the assertion was a planet didn't have the resources or capacity to handle it.   I don't remember anything else but that plot point, but oddly enough all these years later I wonder if perhaps the assertion wasn't complete fiction
Rich: If they ever wired every Chinese and Indian household for electricity the view from outer space would be a whole lot different than what we see today.  LOL  Same for the African continent. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!