News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

We need to laugh a lot more

Started by LennG, May 03, 2021, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I was just going thru some of my files and came across this. Something EVERYONE has seen at some point, but darn it, I watched it for maybe the 1000th time and it still makes me laugh. Maybe the most famous skit of all time, so sit back and enjoy it once again, and get ready to laugh out loud. ( and don't tell me you didn't  :laugh: :laugh:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mETrbHTqBXs
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

NapoleonBlownapart

Awesome stuff. 

That Costello thought he was actually getting somewhere with "Naturally" on first base might be funniest bit of all the funniest bits in this routine.

this routine changed/morphed over the years.  this is one of the last performance's of the skit circa TV 1952

their performance of this in their first movie 1940 "A night in the tropics" is delivered much quicker (unbelievably), its shorter,  with different ending "I don't give a damn" is the shortstop....they also used this ending during live Radio broadcasts from 1938-1943 only cleaning up to the "I don't give a darn", and for what its worth for the 1946 Movie 'gay Nighties" it was 'I don't care" @ shortstop 

LennG

Sorry NP, didn't see your reply until now.

A&C had quite a few truly remarkable routines, but this one, they did so many times, I'm sure lines were dropped and others added for time etc.

I remember, years ago, when visiting Cooperstown and the Baseball HOF, they had a separate small room where they showed this routine continually. It IS funnier in a crowd, as everyone laughs and you literally end up laughing so hard it brings tears to your eyes.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss