News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Grade The Biden Administration So Far

Started by Ed Vette, May 09, 2021, 09:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

You can post a more accurate score

A
B
C
D
F

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 11, 2021, 01:09:26 PM
This fits right in with your remarks in the note immediately preceding this post.  Actually, I think it's just "breaking" at this time; in any event, you may find it interesting (although I'll bet you already knew).  Bob

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?abVariantId=2&campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210511&instance_id=30578&nl=the-morning&productCode=NN&regi_id=61223809&segment_id=57734&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2Fa1606adc-e1e1-5581-9f2e-aee007a098ea&user_id=62d7d697d0b3a5001308c3122f8093b6

It's an odd data point in my opinion.  I tend to favor the data that suggests being outdoors is anywhere from 13 to 18 times safer than indoors (for comparable distances or activities).   To me, a percentage of transmission outdoors vs indoors is not a particularly useful statistic.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 10, 2021, 01:19:23 PM
It's interesting how different our little slice of the nation is compared to the nation as a whole

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/552596-biden-hits-63-percent-approval-rating-in-new-ap-poll

How can anyone approve of a president who can only hold a press conference with pre-selected reporters asking pre-determined questions?

And he still manages to mess it up.

He doesn't know what's going on along our southern border, and says he can't answer questions without getting himself into trouble.

Who would he be in trouble with?

He's the president. Also Iran is pushing for nukes, N. Korea is testing missiles again. Israel and Palestinians are fighting as of today. Iran is threatening our ships again. China is threatening places like Taiwan. Russia is moving closer to Ukraine. Gas is up. Inflation is up. Illegals with Covid are flowing in. and on and on and on.. Crime is everywhere. It's patently a lie to say he's at 63% approval. There's no way this is accurate....andf I am an independent.
The KING is in the building

Bob In PA

Quote from: brownelvis54 on May 11, 2021, 03:05:08 PM

How can anyone approve of a president who can only hold a press conference with pre-selected reporters asking pre-determined questions?

And he still manages to mess it up.

He doesn't know what's going on along our southern border, and says he can't answer questions without getting himself into trouble.

Who would he be in trouble with?

He's the president. Also Iran is pushing for nukes, N. Korea is testing missiles again. Israel and Palestinians are fighting as of today. Iran is threatening our ships again. China is threatening places like Taiwan. Russia is moving closer to Ukraine. Gas is up. Inflation is up. Illegals with Covid are flowing in. and on and on and on.. Crime is everywhere. It's patently a lie to say he's at 63% approval. There's no way this is accurate....andf I am an independent.
BrownE: I think our enemies try to "test our patience" at the start of every Presidential administration... at least it seems that way. 

They have a great advantage inasmuch as they know we elect our leaders on a regular schedule. 

As a result, they can "load up" and make extensive plans during election years so they're ready to make trouble when new guys come into office.

Bob

brownelvis54

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 11, 2021, 03:33:51 PM
BrownE: I think our enemies try to "test our patience" at the start of every Presidential administration... at least it seems that way. 

They have a great advantage inasmuch as they know we elect our leaders on a regular schedule. 

As a result, they can "load up" and make extensive plans during election years so they're ready to make trouble when new guys come into office.

Bob

Sounds about right Bob...I always want the President of the United States to do well regardless if they are Democratic or Republican  affiliation.  Unfortunately these are especially difficult times to navigate through world politics  with a pandemic ravishing most of the world
The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

As usual you people argue about everything. I asked for a grade and for each person to break it down. I don't see a need to try and prove the other person wrong. I was just interested in how this group feels about job approval.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 11, 2021, 06:07:55 PM
As usual you people argue about everything. I asked for a grade and for each person to break it down. I don't see a need to try and prove the other person wrong. I was just interested in how this group feels about job approval.
Ed: You're right, and I apologize and will do better next chance I get to prove it.  Bob

jimmyz

His weakness and stated desire to see Israel make concessions to Hamas signaled to Hamas that Biden was no Trump. 

Deterrence is peace.  History has shown that. 

North Korea will be reaching out for more money in the form of nuclear threats soon I'm sure.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."