News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ahem....about that Lab Leak Hypothesis

Started by jimmyz, May 11, 2021, 09:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyz

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 12, 2021, 01:56:55 PM
jimmy: So you're a rocket scientist, eh?   =D> =D> =D>  We have one in our family (a first cousin) and the guy is unquestionably brilliant (MIT). Let me know when you figure out the Giants.  LOL    =)) =)) =))  Bob

I am no rocket scientist.  I just have a piece of paper.  If we couldnt have gotten enough Toilet Paper during the lock down then I would have had to wipe my @$$ with it.  I certainly don't plan to take it with me to my grave.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2021, 02:03:02 PM
Did that top school in the country teach you that science is about proposing wild conspiracy theories and then challenging people to disprove them (see the parts of your quote I bolded)?  If so, they need to have their teaching credentials yanked.

Also thanks for demonstrating another favorite trick of the right

This is one of the clever but less than honest tricks I see the right constantly employee.  Every single one of their so-called experts are "eminent", "world-renowned", ""leading FILL IN THE FIELD OF EXPERTISE" and other variations on that theme.  It's never here is a virologist and here is that virologist's credentials.   It's always these meaningless and unprovable adjectives that falsely inflate the credentials whoever's claims we are going to have to take as a matter of blind faith

Not a conspiracy theory.  Just an ugly cover your ass move by a bunch science affiliated bureaucrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Baltimore

If you got a problem with him being better than you then maybe you should go get some more certifications and boost those rookie numbers of yours.

"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 12, 2021, 02:09:52 PM
Not a conspiracy theory.  Just an ugly cover your ass move by a bunch science affiliated bureaucrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Baltimore

If you got a problem with him being better than you then maybe you should go get some more certifications and boost those rookie numbers of yours.

People who I am asked to take their word on blind faith usually don't have lengthy sections in their Wikipedia page dedicated to controversies involving fraud and the like.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

CCP is now angry and lashing out.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/beijing-urges-who-leader-not-pursue-lab-leak-theory

Now this whole thing is getting funny. 

QuoteThe front-page report quoted a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson urging "the WHO to play a leading role in respecting science."

This "respect science" mantra being thrown about everywhere is getting ridiculous.  Why is it the investigation can't happen?  Because the orthodoxy says so.  The scientific orthodoxy gets its panties bunched when other scientists challenge them.

"You will REPENT respect the science!!!" 

Same people...different professions

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2021, 02:27:28 PM
So what's your point?

Its just another article about the issue in this thread.

Problem????

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 12, 2021, 02:29:45 PM
Its just another article about the issue in this thread.

Problem????

Originally it was a non-sequitor.   With the edits, it's just more of you pushing your false narrative that it's the obligation of others to disprove whatever wild conspiracy theory you dream up.  Then it's more of the usual right's false victimhood combined with less than honest attacks on other Americans (in this case Americans who believe in science and the scientific method)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw0n3HZXLmo

Oh Fauci.  What he's saying is....dont wear a mask...it aint gonna do you no good   :laugh:

Does this guy ever tell the truth?  Yeah....but always later.

jimmyz

katkavage

Quote from: jimmyz on May 12, 2021, 04:44:01 PM
CDC says 10% of transmissions occurred outdoors. 

Bull$h!t.  More like 0%

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-exaggerating-risk-outdoor-covid-135958591.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANzBm8VD46i45aV_BYln8yhQSdk4CISwv3p69ixd2ivMz3FU0sSfPcKDLlzIVOgMhJlurfdMPDPmK1hAB7xnUgJsTkk09vS2rISuLTygxSSZ0pNdFessRPNlukHejXxihoVf_gvKDMAaPwMooVWJsxrv-YitXf2ZsD64OYjT-USI

Amazing how a naturally occurring virus managed to be transmitted from a wild animal to a human, but only indoors.  What are the odds?  CDC says 10%.
I'm not sure it was zero percent, Jimmy, but it was very very low. I agree. The media and the CDC never balanced Covid. Fear was mongered. But part of the problem was the denier in chief who made it even worse and made mask-wearing seem as if it made his followers weak. Seriously, such a sacrifice. It was all about common sense from the get go. Masks indoors. Avoid large crowds outdoors. Do that and you would be good.

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 12, 2021, 04:44:01 PM
CDC says 10% of transmissions occurred outdoors. 

Bull$h!t.  More like 0%

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-exaggerating-risk-outdoor-covid-135958591.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANzBm8VD46i45aV_BYln8yhQSdk4CISwv3p69ixd2ivMz3FU0sSfPcKDLlzIVOgMhJlurfdMPDPmK1hAB7xnUgJsTkk09vS2rISuLTygxSSZ0pNdFessRPNlukHejXxihoVf_gvKDMAaPwMooVWJsxrv-YitXf2ZsD64OYjT-USI

Amazing how a naturally occurring virus managed to be transmitted from a wild animal to a human, but only indoors.  What are the odds?  CDC says 10%.

Jimmy, facts mattered.   The CDC said "less than 10%" not "10%"   They didn't lie, as you ironically falsely claim, but they were criticized for using a higher number "10%".    Also, it's factually incorrect to claim 0% because there are many documented cases of outdoor spread.  What is it with your side always spreading misinformation?     That was rhetorical as you further comments showed you made the false claim of 0% to promote your completely unsupported conspiracy theories
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

Quote from: katkavage on May 12, 2021, 04:59:59 PM
I'm not sure it was zero percent, Jimmy, but it was very very low. I agree. The media and the CDC never balanced Covid. Fear was mongered. But part of the problem was the denier in chief who made it even worse and made mask-wearing seem as if it made his followers weak. Seriously, such a sacrifice. It was all about common sense from the get go. Masks indoors. Avoid large crowds outdoors. Do that and you would be good.

Not 0% but more like 0%.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE